FS-H200 Portable Compact Flash DTE Recorder at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old June 2nd, 2009, 01:11 PM   #1
Sponsor: Electronic Mailbox

FS-H200 Portable Compact Flash DTE Recorder

The all new FS-H200 Portable Compact Flash DTE Recorder brings ultra-reliable solid state acquisition with Direct To Edit Technology to your DV or HDV camcorder. FS-H200 utilizes standard Type 1 removable Compact Flash media which provides fast, reliable, and low-cost recording.

Focus Enhancements

ProVideo Coalition.com: Bruce's Blog by Bruce A. Johnson | Founder

Gary
Old June 6th, 2009, 04:34 PM   #2
Convergent Design

Hi Gary-
Interesting product. Great to see the use of Compact Flash cards. I wonder why they need 266X cards for HDV data-rates? HDV = 25Mbps, the nanoFlash can use a much lower cost 133X card (Kingston 32GB) for data-rates up to 140Mbps.

Cheers-
Old June 16th, 2009, 10:21 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Gary,

The camera compatibility list on your website does not include the JVC GY-HD110.

Will it work with this camera?
Old June 21st, 2009, 10:14 AM   #4
Regular Crew

My FS-4 HD 40 GB is not on the list for my JVC GY-HD110 but it still works.
Mark Boyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2009, 07:06 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Has anyone tried one of these drives with the gyhd 100,101 or 110 series yet.

regards
Ian Skurrie
Ian Skurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2009, 01:59 PM   #6
New Boot

Will this work with the Sony PDW F355?? I didn't see that on the list either.

thanks,
-jeremy
Jeremy Borton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2009, 08:41 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Bettan View Post
The all new FS-H200 Portable Compact Flash DTE Recorder brings ultra-reliable solid state acquisition with Direct To Edit Technology
Following Focus Enhancements for quite some time, the FS-H200 Pro is really the FS-H200 with the ability to play back clips (via proxy mpeg 4) and embed metadata across a wired or bluetooth connection. Essentially it's the same upgrade in a solid state drive as the Version 2.0 firmware upgrade of the hard drive based FS-5.

While I like the idea of a solid state memory FS-H200 Pro, I'm still getting the hard drive based FS-5 for two reasons:
1. The FS-5 is $400 cheaper (considering the additional price of flash cards)
2. The FS-5 has more memory (100 GB vs. 64 GB max with the H200)

I'm not overly concerned about the vulnerability of a hard drive over a solid state drive. I've used three DR-HD100 DTEs for over three years with no problems. Where I see a problem, and it's an inherent problem across all recorders, is the lousy 6-pin Firewire connector and the even lousier 4-pin connectors. They tend to get loose over time and are too easy to disconnect.

I plan on posting a comprehensive review on the FS-5. Since I know folks at Focus, I may try to get an eval copy of the FS-H200 Pro as well. I'll post a link here when done. By the way, if you're interested in reading a post I wrote on the DR-HD100 (essentially the FS-4 HD for the JVC GY-HDXXX ProHD series of cameras), check this:
Focus Enhancements DTE DR-HD100 - Still the Best Capture Medium - JVC DR-HD100GB60 HD 60GB Portable DTE Recorder for ProHD Camcorders - Epinions.com
Dave Burckhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2016, 07:41 PM   #8
New Boot

Re: FS-H200 Portable Compact Flash DTE Recorder

So I know this thread is a couple years old but I just purchased a Canon XH-A1s and a FS-H200 DTE. BUT I am having trouble getting them to talk to each other in HDV. Was there any setting other then the DV selection switched ON under system set-up in the camera?? Or is there a setting I am missing in the DTE ( I have reset both to factory settings, or so I believe), tried it in Quick Time and M2T with 24f, 30f, and 60i.
The cam and DTE will talk fine in DV mode and records really good, but when I switch both to HDV it doesn't record. The cam notices it is plugged in when I connect the firewire but that is all.
Thanks for any help , Andy

PS I am cross posting this to a couple of the threads on the fs-h200 if you see this post elsewhere given the age of the thread and the necessity to solve this problem before an event in April.
Andy Johnson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore