FS-3 Power Supply at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old November 17th, 2004, 05:11 PM   #1
New Boot

FS-3 Power Supply

Does the FS-3 (and FS-4) come with an AC power supply?

John Lanza
John Lanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2004, 10:01 PM   #2
Focus Enhancements

Hi John,

The power supply on FS-3 is optional. This is because in a typical setup, it shares your camcorder's power supply. Instead of connecting the 4-pin XLR camcorder power supply to the camcorder, connect it to FS-3 and then it will power both the camcorder and FS-3 simultaneously.

FS-4 does come with its own AC supply.

Hope that helps,

Matt McEwen
Matt McEwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2004, 10:16 AM   #3
New Boot

Thanks for the information. Maybe I'm missing something obvious... I'll be using the Panasonic DVX100A camera, which doesn't have an XLR power supply. How would you recommend supplying power to the FS-3?

John Lanza
John Lanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2004, 07:04 PM   #4
Focus Enhancements

Hi John,

Sorry for the late reply. I am sorry, I thought you may be shooting with a full size DV camcorder that typically has a 12V, 4-pin XLR power supply. There is a power supply available for the FS-3...it is the ASYF-0669-01. This is available as an accessory from a Focus dealer or our web store.

If you would like to use FS-3 mounted with your DVX-100A, I would recommend the Anton/Bauer Stasis which allows you to power and mount both the camcorder and the FS-3 using a single device and an Anton/Bauer battery.

Hope that helps,

Matt McEwen
Matt McEwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2005, 08:55 AM   #5
Inner Circle

John the solution to your problem is pretty simple.

the FS3 is a HUGE unit.. its about the size of a fully loaded AntonB.

on cam power, u can forget it for the dvx.. just get urself a 12v cell battery and get some 4 pin custom cables made up. the cell battery shoudl come witha pouch with a cigarette light cnnector

for retrieving ur data, remove the HDD and connect it straight to ur pc fire the 6 pin firewire. DONT use the actual recording module as its not needed. Just copy your files across
This will supply sufficient power to the HDD to do this task easily.

DO NOT under any circumstances connect it to a 4 pin 1394 lead (with adapter or into an ADVC for eg)
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore