fs3-issues at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old January 23rd, 2005, 09:16 AM   #1
Tourist

fs3-issues

First post here, and I tried searching.

My fs-3 is having some issues after trying to update to the latest firmware. When I turn it on I dont get the welcome message, (no big deal but maybe a clue) Then once its on in syncro mode it no longer displays the "Y" again not that big of a deal. The real problem is, it doesnt shut off, I have to detatch the power source, and once it has cycled it wont turn back on unless I hold down the index keys to reset.

I am going to call Tech on monday but I was hoping to use it tonite and tomorrow in the AM.

Any insight is appricaitted.
tia
Jacob Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2005, 11:17 AM   #2
Focus Enhancements

Hi Jacob,

It sounds like you may have had a failed upgrade. Did you try to upgrade it again after rebooting with the index keys pressed? Also, try booting the unit with the drive removed. Tech support should be able to help you on Monday.

Hope that helps,

Matt
Matt McEwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2005, 11:35 AM   #3
Tourist

Yep, when I try to update it again it gives me error message which all I have seen it associated with is no bin file avalible.

Thanks for your efforts thus far Matt, Ill give them that call Monday
Jacob Martin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore