FS-2 OMF with AVID Adrenaline at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old March 31st, 2005, 10:24 AM   #1
New Boot

FS-2 OMF with AVID Adrenaline

Has anyone used hard disks recorded with an FS-2 with an AVID Adrenaline?

Any tips to get it to read the OMF files?

My editor says the AVID claims the files are incompatible.

Sandor
Sandor Bondorowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2005, 11:51 AM   #2
Focus Enhancements

Hi Sandor,

Who did you talk to at Avid that mentioned the files were incompatible? We have had a very close relationship with Avid in developing FireStore for a couple of years now. Many customers are using all types of Avids with FireStore including Adrenaline based systems.

Here is what you need to know about Avid Adrenaline and FireStore...

* It works with Adrenaline versions of XPress Pro, NewsCutter and Media Composer.
* On your host computer, you will need a separate FireWire bus (FireWire card) for connecting FireStore to the computer (Avid usually takes control of the FireWire card it is connected to).
* To import clips, you will need to record in FireStore's Avid OMF file format and when a recording is complete, do an Organize OMF function (takes a couple of seconds).
* When you connect FireStore or a drive to the computer, you will need to use the Avid media tool in order to use the clips instantly in Avid timeline. This is detailed in the user guide.

Hope that helps,

Matt
Matt McEwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2005, 07:16 AM   #3
New Boot

thanks for the quick response, i didn't speak to an AVID rep, just my client's editor that is using an adrenaline. I will forward him your tips, and hope this helps.

We are big fans of the FS-2. We own 6 of them in our multi camera flypack.

All we need now is HDV?! Any chance of that in the FS-2?

Just wishful thinking i'm afraid?

Sandor
Remote Digital Media, Inc.
Sandor Bondorowsky is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore