Question re: FS C vs FS H200 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old November 22nd, 2009, 07:49 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Question re: FS C vs FS H200

I have been using the FS-C with the Canon Xl h1--love the unit--I've shot surfing in 90 degree weather in full sun for hours and the unit has never let me down!!

Having said that--there is a reaction delay when the record button is hit and also when paused. For surfing it is often critical to not miss that 1/2 second at the end of a sequence. I try to remember to record sooner and pause later but when there is a lot of action it's not always that simple.

I always shoot with tape so I do have it for backup--but if I have to go to tape it pretty much defeats the purpose of using the FS C.

My question is does anyone know if the FS H200 would allow for a faster response time??
Ron Stoecklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2010, 02:18 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Check the Focus Enhancements site. I believe both the FS-H200 and FS-H200 Pro are listed with a ten second cache. So when you hit the button, the last 10 sec will be saved plus from that moment until stopped.

Bill in Ohio
Bill Ritter is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore