FS-H200 needs FCP 6 or more? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old February 24th, 2010, 07:14 PM   #1
Tourist

FS-H200 needs FCP 6 or more?

Hello, I am looking to purchase the FS-H200 Firestore device. I currently have the Final Cut Studio 5.1.4 ACADEMIC version that cannot be upgraded. According to what I've read my version of Final Cut will not accept this device. Is this the case? Am I forced to find an alternate solution?
I want to get away from used hard drives. The CF card solution looks great and is something I want to buy. I have no intention of buying the Final Cut Studio again for $1000 just to buy this device. It is not cost effective. Is there something Firestore can do to help indie filmmakers on a limited budget?
Andrew Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2010, 03:54 PM   #2
New Boot

Where did you read that Final Cut Studio would not accept the FS-H200 device?

Mount the FS-H200 to a computer, then copy the clips to the harddrive, then import the clips into Final Cut Pro. The clips are Quicktime clips and should be ready for editing when imported into Final Cut Pro. Why the Quicktime clips from the FS-H200 would not work with Final Cut Pro is a mystery. If this issue was true, I would think more people would be on this forum complaining about it. But perhaps not.

We've been using Focus products since the FS-4 came out in 2005. Focus has done plenty to help speed up post-production for indie filmmakers and indie production houses.

We are currently using the FS-H200, FS-5, FS-4 and FS-100 units and have had excellent results with all.
Jonas Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 12:01 AM   #3
Tourist

Hello Jonas what version of Final Cut Pro are you using? Is it 6.0 or newer?
Andrew Doyle is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore