Getting one big file on the FS-H200 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old August 31st, 2010, 08:12 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Getting one big file on the FS-H200

Hi everyone,

I've looked through the forums and consulted the manual for the FS-H200, but I can't find an answer to this.

Is it possible to have the unit record to one file instead of countless little clips? For instance, when shooting certain parts of a wedding (prep, reception, etc.), I tend to turn "record" on and off quite often. On tape it's all combined and I can download it as one big MT2 file. But on the FireStore unit you get all these little 6, 10, 20 second clips. Kind of hurts when it comes time to catalog them and use them on an NLE timeline.

I'd love to be able to just have everything combine right on the unit for download as a single file (or multiple big files).

Thanks!
Mike Hammond is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore