Canon GL1 and fs4? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old August 6th, 2005, 07:23 AM   #16
Trustee

Matt,
Thanks for the reply. I really like the FS4, and appreciate the time I'll save, but I think that the one I got last week is defective. It's got the most frustrating problem...an intermittant one. here's the chronology.
1- The day I got it, I tried it with the XL2, and all functions seemed to work.(record in local, slave, record from tape, and transfer to PC).
2- Tried it with the GL1 and had the problems mentioned in my previous post.
3-Tried to capture from tape on the XL2, and it wouldn't work right away.Eventually, after several trys, it captured.
4-I had a shoot yesterday, and I was in slave mode, everything working. About 45 minutes into the first tape, the FS4 stopped. I thought it might be battery, so I shut down the cam, changed battery and tape. I powered up, and couldn't get the FS4 to run, either in slave, or local( thank God for tape,LOL). After the shoot, i treid capturing the stuff from tape 2 back to the fs4...No luck.
4-Took it home and tried everything again. Now it would record in both slave and local, but wouldn't record from tape (many trys). Also, I noticed dark vertical lines on the lcd ( which seem to be a less pronounced this am).
5- I then tried all functions on the GL1, sveral times, and everything worked.
I then switched back to the xl2, and shooting worked, but again, not capturing from tape. I thought it might be a firewire pronlem i vcr mode with the XL2, so I copied from the vcr on the xl2 to the gl1, and that worked fine.
6-Then, incredibly, I tried the xl2 once more (I'm stubborn) and it captured from tape...
I was on the phone with Kevin from tech support, but we got cut off( and it was almost 5pm), so I figured I'd have to wait till Monday.
Can you possibly authorize a repalcement for me? I've had it less than a week, and would hate to have to send a "new" defective unit back for repair, etc.I'll gladly pay the fedex charges both ways.
Looking forward to using the fs4 on all my projrcts.
Thanks
Bruce S. Yarock
P.S. If you want, you can email me at yarock at aol dot com.
Bruce S. Yarock is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore