Code 10 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old October 26th, 2005, 07:56 AM   #1
Tourist

Code 10

Every time I attach my FS-4 I now get this error in the device manager. If I leave it connected for a few mins it disconnects and when I reconnect it works properly. Anyone have a fix for this?
Matt Lindstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2005, 10:54 AM   #2
Contributor

Hi Matt,

What are you attaching your FS-4 to? I'm guessing that this is a Windows question. You should give us a few more details. Like does it disconnect when it is idling or while data is being transfered. Does this only happen with the FS-4? Have you tried using other FW HDDs connected to the same FW bus?

You need to give as much information as you can.

Cheers,

Frankenstein meets XL1
Daniel Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2005, 11:27 AM   #3
Tourist

Sorry I typed the post quick this morning....and you guessed it, it is a windows based question.

Yes it only happens to the FS-4, we have another firewire HD that has no problem hooking up.

That disconnect thing, it happens when I get the code 10, so there is no transfering going on. I just set it to a hard drive, let it connect to the computer, I get the windows connection sound, and let it sit till I hear the disconnect sound from windows. Then I just exit from HD mode on the FS-4, and reconnect as the HD and it works. Here is the full error:

(Can not start device Code 10)

I found this on the microsoft web site and wonder if I need it

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;894480

Sorry I don't know how to Hyperlink :)

I'm really starting to look bad, this thing was suppose to make everything easier and it's making everything way more complicated. Obviously I use it for work. If anyone has seen this problem I really need it to be fixed by Friday and it's not looking good. I wrote an email to focus support but still no reply. Thanks
Matt Lindstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2005, 12:06 PM   #4
New Boot

would be great if you can write any news to solve the problem.
Stefan Raupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2006, 11:17 AM   #5
Tourist

Tried the hotfix - didnt work

I have the exact same problem, I contacted MS and got the Hotfix but it didnt work!

I contacted Focus and they werent much help either, I am able to get it to work on other machines just not my Shuttle, so the problem appears to be on the PC.

Any ideas?????
Matthew Quinn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore