Need some help hd100 & fs4prohd 80 gig at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old February 17th, 2006, 09:29 AM   #1
Major Player

Need some help hd100 & fs4prohd 80 gig

Hi guys,

run a few tests on my fs4 pro and in hdv mode sync slave its chopping my scenes into more than one clip. e.g I need 6 takes but enede up with 20 files? all of the clips were way under the 9gb threshhold. the way it chops the scenes is sporadic also. I called focus and they said it may be a setting on the camera I have the hd100 set at hdv 720p 24fps. Anyone got any ideas because I'm stumped.

Thanks Greg C

P.S. both firewire ports seem to be working ok e.g. the camera connects to my computer no problem and the firestore connects to my computer no problem.

Last edited by Greg Corke; February 17th, 2006 at 09:30 AM. Reason: adding stuff
Greg Corke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2006, 01:14 PM   #2
Contributor

Are there any lost frames between the files?

If not - is it possible that the REC button on the FS-4 is getting hit while shooting. This may cause the FS-4 to create a new file without interrupting recording - at least it does in DIRECT mode. (I know this is an unlikely cause, but it's the first thing that came to mind)

Frankenstein meets XL1
Daniel Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2006, 03:31 PM   #3
Major Player

Hi Daniel,

Thanks but unfortunately I know what you mean but it is not that. It happens randomly about 5 sometimes 6 seconds into a clip. I have a work around by just manualy hitting record, not ideal but usable. I need it for Monday and there is no way I'm going to get it turned around that quick but at least I have that back up that i need and I'll send it back to focus once I've finished my project. Thanks again.

Greg C
Old February 17th, 2006, 04:16 PM   #4
Major Player

I was under the impression that the Firestore was not out yet for the HD100. Am I mistaken?
Old February 18th, 2006, 03:38 AM   #5
Major Player

dr hd100

Hi Heath,

I think your are refering to the jvc dr hd100 it's a firestore with jvc badge you are correct they are still testing it but the fs4prohd 80gig is almost identical with regard to features. Hope this helps

Greg C
Old February 21st, 2006, 09:34 AM   #6
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Corke
Hi guys,

run a few tests on my fs4 pro and in hdv mode sync slave its chopping my scenes into more than one clip. e.g I need 6 takes but enede up with 20 files? all of the clips were way under the 9gb threshhold. the way it chops the scenes is sporadic also. I called focus and they said it may be a setting on the camera I have the hd100 set at hdv 720p 24fps. Anyone got any ideas because I'm stumped.

Thanks Greg C

P.S. both firewire ports seem to be working ok e.g. the camera connects to my computer no problem and the firestore connects to my computer no problem.
Greg for FAT 32 that threshold is 2GB not 9... the last media file in a take would normally be smaller than the maximum size hence the different length clips. Unless the 9 is justa typo..
John Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2006, 09:45 AM   #7
Major Player

Greg.
Is this device having any problems with time code? I read a post by Shannon that the FS-4 HD he had was having a lot of problems with time code in HDV.
Old February 22nd, 2006, 04:20 PM   #8
Major Player

Not sure if it's time code I'll keep you guys posted on what Focus find. And John the 9gb was supposed to be 9 minutes, sorry.

Regards Greg C
Old June 13th, 2006, 03:55 PM   #9
Trustee

Happening here too. We are getting our longer records split up into equal 9min+ segments. Sadly, in Raw DV format, when importing into Avid, each clip, even though they are sequential begins with a TC of 00:00:00:00. Now that sucks.

Calls into Focus Enhancements on this one. More concerned about the TC issue than the split files.

Sean Mchenry

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore