DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Focus Enhancements FireStore (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/focus-enhancements-firestore/)
-   -   FireStore DR-HD100 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/focus-enhancements-firestore/66511-firestore-dr-hd100.html)

Shawn Kessler May 2nd, 2006 06:59 PM

FireStore DR-HD100

Ive got a question for all you out there using the DRHD 100 for the GYHD 100
camera. How do all of you import the fortage youve just shot into final cut
pro 5. After I download the files from the DRHD to my mac then try to
import them in i get a wrong file error. help anyone!

Shawn Kessler May 2nd, 2006 07:00 PM

Drhd 100

Also i forgot to mention the files are MT2 hdv 720p 30 thanks for anyone who can help.

Travis Surovcik May 8th, 2006 01:12 PM

From what I understand, Focus Enhancements is working on a software update for the DR-HD100 to save your files in Quicktime format so that they can be imported properly into FCP. They are expecting it to be out sometime this month and it will be available for download on their webpage. If I hear anything more, I'll keep you posted.

Travis Surovcik May 11th, 2006 07:05 AM

In the meantime, while the update is being worked on, you might want to check out this converter utility called MPEG Streamclip by Squared 5. A free download at http://www.squared5.com/svideo/mpeg-streamclip-mac.html. It works remarkably well and is a good solution until the update is released.

Shawn Kessler May 20th, 2006 04:17 AM

update

thanks travis yes I already use streamclip it does work well. But still cant
wait till the update comes out. Im tired of converting everything. thats
why i bought the DRhd 100 to avoid this. oh well at least it wil be fixed soon

thanks again shawn
Digital Film Pictures

Matt McEwen May 20th, 2006 10:50 AM

The QuickTime update is close. We expect to have it ready in the next month or so.

Sorry for the wait...

Matt McEwen

Travis Surovcik May 25th, 2006 07:20 AM

Matt, that update you're speaking about, is that for the DR-HD100 or is that for all of the drives? Also are there any other fixes or tweaks that are going to be included in that update?

Steve Benner May 30th, 2006 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travis Surovcik
Matt, that update you're speaking about, is that for the DR-HD100 or is that for all of the drives? Also are there any other fixes or tweaks that are going to be included in that update?

I emailed them last week as I am thinking about getting one, and they also stated that a 720/24P .MOV was in the works as well.

I have a quick question:

If shooting with the HD100 in SD 24PA and setting the DRHD100 to Quicktime 24, will that save files with the pulldown already removed?

Matt McEwen May 30th, 2006 11:40 AM

Hi,

The QuickTime update is only for FS-4Pro HD, FS-C and DR-HD100. It will not be available for FS-4 HD. If you currently own an FS-4Pro, it will be possible to update to the HD version (including QuickTime).

Hope that helps,

Matt McEwen

Steve Benner May 30th, 2006 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt McEwen
Hi,

The QuickTime update is only for FS-4Pro HD, FS-C and DR-HD100. It will not be available for FS-4 HD. If you currently own an FS-4Pro, it will be possible to update to the HD version (including QuickTime).

Hope that helps,

Matt McEwen

Can you answer my question above about the Quicktime 24?

Matt McEwen June 1st, 2006 10:08 AM

Hi Steve,

To my knowledge, Final Cut does not support native HDV 720p/24 yet. If and when Apple adds 720p/24 support natively we will most likely support it.

Hope that helps,

Matt McEwen

Matt McEwen June 1st, 2006 10:10 AM

Sorry...read your question again. Yes, if you shoot in QuickTime 24p mode (SD), the file will appear as a 23.98 clip to Final Cut.

Matt McEwen

Steve Benner June 14th, 2006 03:38 PM

Quote:

Hi Steve,

To my knowledge, Final Cut does not support native HDV 720p/24 yet. If and when Apple adds 720p/24 support natively we will most likely support it.

Hope that helps,

Matt McEwen

At NAB, Apple had a version of Final Cut Pro that captured the 720/24P from the JVC which is expected as a "Imminent Release" so that is good news.

Any update on when the .MOV Wrapper for 720/30P is coming out?

Matt McEwen June 14th, 2006 03:54 PM

Yes, I did see the version of FCP supporting 720/24p. Hopefully it will be shipping soon. DR-HD100/FS-4Pro HD QuickTime HDV support is expected by the end of this month.

Hope that helps,

Matt McEwen

Steve Benner June 14th, 2006 05:18 PM

Quote:

Yes, I did see the version of FCP supporting 720/24p. Hopefully it will be shipping soon. DR-HD100/FS-4Pro HD QuickTime HDV support is expected by the end of this month.

Hope that helps,

Matt McEwen

YES IT DOES! I was considering selling the HD100 for a HVX, because of no real Direct-To-Edit in HD yet, but this confirmation is good news. Thanks.

One more quick question that I want to confirm...If I buy one now, I will be eligable for an upgrade correct? None of this having to buy a new model or anything right?