FS-4 Pro HD--Any fix for HDV time code issue?? Matt? - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old April 12th, 2007, 08:56 AM   #61
New Boot

I also just heard today from Canopus UK that there will be an Edius download available from the web site in about two weeks - again - nobody is sure whether this will sort out the Firestore problem. They also mentioned that there is a second update in the pipeline, being tested and due for release fairly soon . . . fingers crossed. Definitely hassle them at NAB on our behalf - let us know :)
Tony Perkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2007, 07:46 AM   #62
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Alyasiri View Post
I'd definitely like to know any status as well - and have it on my list to ask at NAB.
Thanks Shawn. Hit em' hard :)
http://watersedgefrisco.com
http://vystrcil.com
Scott Vystrcil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2007, 08:59 AM   #63
Major Player

It was reported that this issue has been fixed in the latest Edius patch 4.24 released last Thursday.
John Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2007, 09:13 AM   #64
Regular Crew

Woo-hoo

Thanks for the update John. I will give it a shoot.
Old April 21st, 2007, 02:58 PM   #65
Major Player

I heard the same thing at NAB... I was excited to get home, apply the 4.24 patch and try out some footage shot last week on (2) Focus FS4's with HDV upgrade (both version 1.1.0.04092006) using Sony Z1 & Canon H1 cameras - one FS4 on each camera.

It's still not working - almost seems worse. LOTS of clips that register as over 2 hours, can barely get them to play back, lock-ups when trying to play/save, etc.

I can get some of them to play fine in PPro 2, but some files import as 'damaged', and the majority sit on the timeline with the play window reported 'unsupported'. Vegas 7 reports a couple of damaged clips, and plays most of them well - and then also locks up. I think this is a Focus Enhancements issue. I've been patient since Sept. 2005.

Sigh...
Shawn Alyasiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2007, 08:24 AM   #66
Major Player

Shawn - that is extremely disappointing indeed. I haven't been able to test it out myself yet.

But the fact that the firestore HDV files are funky on 3 different NLE's make it appear to be a Firestore problem.

DV files work just fine... long GOP HDV files are still the issue.
I wonder if it's this is just an FS4-ProHD problem or are people having the same issues with the FSC model?
Old April 22nd, 2007, 03:22 PM   #67
Regular Crew

No dice...

I am seeing the same thing Shawn is. I had a 3 sec clip work, but the first time I try to play anything over 10 mins...lock-up city. I was getting excited there for a minute.
Old April 25th, 2007, 02:05 AM   #68
New Boot

So Matt - are you still listening?

Very very disappointing.

I am told by the UK there is another Edius update under "test" and due for release - I just wish someone would tell us the truth about the issue!

Tony
Old April 25th, 2007, 11:10 PM   #69
Sponsor: divergent media

Matt hasn't posted here since the end of January, so I'm starting to think he's not around anymore ...?
Old May 1st, 2007, 08:49 PM   #70
Major Player

He was at NAB.

Dan Weber
Daniel Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2007, 09:28 AM   #71
Major Player

Matt is very much around - he has been working directly with people at Grass Valley on this issue.

One thing to keep in mind is NAB is a monster of a show and usurps a tremendous amount of time for months as it's a huge investment for exhibitors. So maybe a little slack for Matt - he has been our one good link to info from this company.
Old May 2nd, 2007, 10:01 AM   #72
New Boot

NAB vs repeat business

Understood John, but March 2006 > May 2007 - over a year of info without a real result for anyone. Not particularly fulfilling support, even giving Focus a little slack for time spent at NAB.

Not meaning to offend anyone at all, but rather than spending time and money selling to new customers, how about manufacturers spending some time helping the loyal customers who are simply waiting for two expensive bits of broadcast kit to work with each other as advertised?

I would certainly buy more HD Firestores for our company if they worked with Edius . . . . customer satisfaction = repeat business, the cheapest investment any company can make!
Old May 28th, 2007, 08:55 AM   #73
Regular Crew

Any news on this issue Matt?

Hey Matt...I know things have been crazy, but do you have any updates on this issue?
Old June 25th, 2007, 03:49 PM   #74
Major Player

Well I guess at this late date in time, it doesn't look like things are changing. We have pretty much laid the Firestore aside - just too many issues and unreliability to take chances with and lose time on.

I wished Matt would at least come back onto this forum - he was a good source that appears to have gone missing.
Old June 26th, 2007, 01:17 AM   #75
New Boot

Before purchasing a Focus Enhancements FS-4 Pro HD read this thread.

Agreed John

I haven't bothered charging our Firestores for months - it's just too much hassle!

We are looking for other products that will do the job as advertised and have a decent customer support in-place.

As he continues to ignore us I am very happy to let everyone know that Matt's direct e-mail address is mmcewen@focusinfo.com.

Good luck all - see you on another Forum when we have all moved to a decent product.

Tony
Tony Perkins is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore