Firestore FS-C various topics - Page 12 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old January 17th, 2010, 08:35 PM   #166
Regular Crew

You should be able to pick up another power supply that is 15V 1.2A. Just take the old p/s with to an electronics supplier that has this particular specification. I believe the DTE unit has the electronics and controls for charging the lithium ion battery.
Guy Shaddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2010, 10:34 PM   #167
Major Player

FS-C battery question...

I had a weird thing happen. I was doing a live video shoot and the battery on my firestore was almost dead. There happened to be an outlet next to me, so I plugged in the power supply. The "charge" light then started blinking and the only way I could get the firestore turned on again was to remove the battery and go AC only. Did I fry the battery somehow?
Jeremiah Rickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2010, 01:01 PM   #168
Major Player

Upgraded HD in an FS-C

I just upgraded the HD to 160GB with a normal IDE drive in my FS-C.
All went well and it did its format at the first start up. What has become apparent now though is that I have two partitions - and when connected to my iMac two drives pop up on the desktop when connected.
The second to appear is always the one woithy the footage in it.
I asked tech support at Focus about the two partition scenarion and they confirmed that as the first partition fills it will auto flow to the next.
When not connected to a camera - it states I have 695 minutes of space - but then connected to my XL-H1 the space count drops - presumably the recalculation at the bit rate the Canon kicks out.

Have to say, the response and help from Focus was very rapid, knowledgable and very polite which brought more enjoyment from owning the unit.
Dave Gosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2010, 10:15 PM   #169
Regular Crew

Firestore FS-C various topics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody Lucido View Post
Hello,

I have pre-ordered a Canon A1 and am very interested in a tapeless solution for it. I called Focus Enhancements and they said that the FS-C would be compatable.

My problem is, I can't seem to find a vendor for it. FE says they only shipped to Canon. I called Canon and they said they would not be carrying it. B&H doesn't carry it. A google returned no retailers.

Is this thing on the market yet? I have read a post about somebody already having theirs. Where can I buy it? Is it buggy?
How about this..
Canon FS-CV 100GB Portable DTE Recorder with Metadata 1379V742 -

i just ordered mine
Chas Briggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2010, 10:20 PM   #170
Regular Crew

Canon XHA1 and the canon FS-cv 100 gig

anyone tell me if this will work smooth and trouble free I hope. I'm a news stringer here in Portland Or I'm sick of tape now I just have to figure out how to get the video to the news stations from the drive other then carrying the drive from station to station any thoughts.
Chas Briggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2020, 09:34 AM   #171
New Boot

Re: Firestore FS-C various topics

Good morning, I have canon xl2 and I cannot synchronize the camera with focus enhancements fs-c, version 2.1.0.04032307, could someone please tell me, what could it be ????

Thank you very much for the attention received.
Jose Manuel Mahedero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2020, 07:31 AM   #172
New Boot

Good morning, I have foscus fs-c, does anyone know how to change the internal 2.5 "hard drive, exploded focus fs-c manual.

Thanks a lot.
Jose Manuel Mahedero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2020, 04:29 AM   #173
New Boot

Good morning, I have canon xl2 and I cannot synchronize the camera with focus enhancements fs-c, version 2.1.0.04032307, could someone please tell me, what could it be ????

Thank you very much for the attention received.
Jose Manuel Mahedero is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore