Getting HVX and Firestore 100 to work! HELP! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old October 6th, 2006, 01:08 AM   #1
Tourist

Getting HVX and Firestore 100 to work!!!!! HELP!

Hi, We just aquired both the Panasonic HVX200 AND the Firestore100 and are struggling with... "new gear learning curve".
We have managed to get the camera to record regular DV on the Firestore, but when we try to use HD format, it seems to RECORD ok, but when we want to view the footage IN CAMERA, changing to VCR (little button on the back) as usual, we get the thumbnail view (which I believe is correct) but with no footage available for view.

What are we doing wrong... is there a reciepe somewhere for the correct settings on both of these products????

Looking for someone who actually USES this setup, we HAVE checked the manuals and they are a tad flaky at best...

Any help greatly apprecieated!

Mark Francombe

Transform

Last edited by Mark Francombe; October 6th, 2006 at 02:09 AM.
Mark Francombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2006, 02:35 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Hi.

Did the same thing...

You'll have to hit the "thumbnail" button the camera after setting it in vcr mode (under the handle above FF ibelieve), this turns thumbnails off, which you want.

Then you have to navigate and playback the clips from the firestore - _NOT_ the camera.

This is supposedly fixed in the nextgen FS-100 software.

ah... And one more thing, remember to go to "UTILITIES (or something) - prepare P2" on the FS-100, before attempting to import your footy to your NLE.

Gunleik
Old October 9th, 2006, 11:30 AM   #3
Focus Enhancements

Hello,

Regarding playback from FS-100 to the HVX200, I would like to make a small correction to..."This is supposedly fixed in the nextgen FS-100 software". This is not accurate; you will need to follow the method described by Gunleik for now. This is a limitation of the HVX200 camera, not the FireStore.

Hope that helps,

Matt
Matt McEwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2006, 07:13 PM   #4
Regular Crew

To Matt

I have already sent you an email asking you when you expect an update of the DR-HD100 to be able to put the clips at 25p straight on to FCP timeline?

Secondly, I have a more pressing problem: my DR-HD100 is recording with my JVC HD101 but when I try to mount to my G5 mac through firewire nothing happens.

The first time the file came up on the desktop but now nothing!

Help!

Martin O'Donnell
Martin ODonnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2006, 07:14 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Also, I cannot get the DR-HD100 to playback on the lcd display
Martin ODonnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2006, 03:33 AM   #6
Tourist

Ha!!! sussed it out!!!!!

Hey Gunleik Groven du er veldig flink!!!!!!!!!!!
Yep pressing that lill 'ole thumbnail button did the trick... God Ive been stuggling weeks with this... I KNEW IT HAD TO BE SOMETHING DUMB...

Thanks again... nice to get a result from Norge.. Jeg bor i Oslo.. men har dårlig Norsk!! Engelsk selvfølgelig!!

Mark
Mark Francombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2006, 12:04 PM   #7
Focus Enhancements

Hi Martin,

I checked, but I don't seem to have an email from you, but I may have missed it. What email/forum did you post it on?

We are looking into QuickTime HDV 720/25p support now. I will post to this forum when I have more news.

Regarding your DR-HD100, have you tried a different FireWire cable? Do other devices work on the same bus? Does the DR-HD100 mount to another computer? Usually, this is a connectivity issue. I would recommend you contact tech support if your problems persist.

Thanks,

Matt
Matt McEwen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore