Buying a Firestore at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old October 15th, 2006, 09:10 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Buying a Firestore

Hi,
i'm going to be getting a firestore for my XL-H1 soon. but from all of the not so great reviews in this forum i just want to know a couple of things.

first, what model. the FS-C seems a good choice, but goodluck finding a stockist in London, UK. so i'm thinking the FS4pro.

second, how much should i expect to pay for the 40gb version?

third, if it doesn't work well, can i just return it for a refund, or is the store going to mess me around?

where is a good place in london to try them out?
Charles Perkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2006, 10:38 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

How difficult is it for you to get to Borehamwood in Hertfordshire. Our UK sponsor, Production Gear, is located there. Tell Simon we said hello. http://www.productiongear.co.uk/

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2006, 03:08 PM   #3
Inner Circle

If the FS-C has all the features you need, it might be a good choice. If you are expecting to take advantage of major firmware updates in the future, the FS4Pro is the way to go. Directly ask Focus Enhancements what their update policy is with the FS-C before making a purchase. I learned the hard way when I purchased the FS4-HD basic just from the web site description.

Regardless, the product, once you get the right model, is great.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore