QuickTime files from FS-4 Pro HD won't play at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old November 4th, 2006, 05:07 PM   #1
New Boot

QuickTime files from FS-4 Pro HD won't play

Hello,

I've just purchased an FS-4 Pro HD (with QuickTime upgrade) and can't play back the FS-4's QT files. I'm running QT Pro v7.1.3 on a G4 Powermac with 2GB RAM and 1TB HD.

The recorded footage plays back fine through the (Sony Z1U) camera, and is recognized as a 1920x1080 QT file on my computer, but in attempting to open the file I get a 1920x1080 blank, white screen and a message saying some other software is needed. I'm then directed to a page of multiple 3rd party support apps, but after pouring over the list I still can't identify which app is relevant.

Focus Enhancements email support responded that QuickTime must be set to the specific (1080i – 50/60 etc.) setting in order to play footage, but I can’t find a QT Preference or menu option for selecting play format, and, if a software helper app is needed, I can’t find the correct one.

Anyone helping me out here will certainly be nominated for sainthood!

Many thanks,

Chris ~
Chris Rasmussen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2006, 10:55 PM   #2
Sponsor: divergent media

Do you have Final Cut Pro installed? You'll need that installed in order to get the Quicktime HDV codec. Once you install FCP, the files should open in QT just fine. I think version 5 or better will work, though I've only used the FS4ProHD QT files with 5.1.2.
Old November 6th, 2006, 02:00 AM   #3
New Boot

Thanks Colin!

Heh heh heh... silly me! I was trying to open the files in iMovie HD. I've been meaning to get FCP for a long, long time. Now I can justify the cost.

Thanks!

Chris ~
Chris Rasmussen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore