Canon XH A1 and Firestore - Page 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old January 24th, 2009, 11:13 PM   #76
Tourist

firmware for the fs-c

hi .. any update from matt, or anyone on this ?

if i buy a new fs-c tomorrow, will it be capable of shooting 60i, 30f and 24f ?

thanks ... sk
Stephen Knifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2009, 11:37 AM   #77
Tourist

What's the Firestore Canon Compatibility Update

I had the same question about the FS-C, does it support all recording types the Canon XH can create.

I read that Focus Enhancements filed for bankruptcy in September 2008 and their stock has been worth less than a penny for some time.

I also read they have a new product, the FS-5.

Focus also has a DTE version for the Panny 200, and I believe a JVC version also exists.

I don't know how well a bankrupt company delivers technical support, so if anyone has any experience with FE and their products in the last 3-6 months, let us know.

Thanks for any updates.
Joy Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2009, 11:56 AM   #78
Major Player

The FS-C is the model specifically for Canon cameras. It supports ALL the modes the Canon XH-A1 outputs.

Julian
Julian Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2009, 08:12 AM   #79
Tourist

I just received an upgrade(2.1.3) and it seems to work fine! I can record in m2t or QT HD.
Email me for the update, I'll send them asap.
Bart Kuykens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 11:47 AM   #80
Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy Taylor View Post
I had the same question about the FS-C, does it support all recording types the Canon XH can create.

I read that Focus Enhancements filed for bankruptcy in September 2008 and their stock has been worth less than a penny for some time.

I also read they have a new product, the FS-5.

Focus also has a DTE version for the Panny 200, and I believe a JVC version also exists.

I don't know how well a bankrupt company delivers technical support, so if anyone has any experience with FE and their products in the last 3-6 months, let us know.

Thanks for any updates.
Joy-
I recently purchased an FS-C on eBay. It arrived with a broken firewire connector. I emailed Focus Enhancements Tech Support and after receiving no reply I called their California office. There I spoke to a tech support person who gave me a repair number and told me to ship the system to them. Because it was still within the two-year warranty period, they repaired the unit for free and even shipped it back to me at their expense. The only cost I had was $18 to ship the unit to them - and the eBay seller reimbursed me for that. So, my experience with their tech support while in bankruptcy has been excellent (except for the unanswered email).
Michael Strycharske is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore