DR-HD100 various topics - Page 15 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old April 16th, 2008, 11:24 AM   #211
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Matyas View Post
Yes - I am the manufacturer !!!!! (he said sheepishly ...)
I will be ordering one.
David Allen Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2008, 01:30 PM   #212
New Boot

DR-HD100 Clock Issue

I've got two identical 80gb DR-HD100 units here at work (yeah I know, lucky me!) but one of them will not keep the current date/time after the unit is switched off. The other unit keeps almost perfect time as long as the battery is charged, even with the unit turned off. Has anyone else run into this issue?
It's kind of a pain to set the date/time each time I turn the bum unit on - especially when I have multiple events the same day...
David Mulford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2008, 03:12 PM   #213
Major Player

To Legit To Quit!

It's legit... Just ordered mine and it's on the way.
Old April 18th, 2008, 09:41 AM   #214
Major Player

DR-HD100 Upgrade

Has anyone successfully upgraded a DR-HD100?
Old April 18th, 2008, 09:52 AM   #215
Regular Crew

Can I also add:

Has anyone added an IDE to Compact flash adapter to the fs100 or any firestore? Here is the link (dual and single compactflash slot): http://www.addonics.com/products/fla...ad44midecf.asp

It would be a great way to record to cheap solid state or skip P2 if it worked.
Old April 29th, 2008, 07:38 PM   #216
New Boot

JVC Pro HD DR-HD100 - Any way to get dual mono audio?

Still new to the Firestore (even though I've had one for a long time.) Is there any way to record quicktime HD audio in dual mono instead of stereo. I don't see any setting for this. It would save a lot of time in the audio mix.
Eric Susch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2008, 10:33 PM   #217
Major Player

No setting on the DR-HD100 that I'm aware of. However, on your ProHD camera, you can plug your source audio into channel 1, throw the switch to use channel 1's audio on channel 2, and now you're recording the same audio on both channels. The switch is directly above the XLR inputs.
Eric Darling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2008, 10:25 AM   #218
Major Player

I have a 160Gb HDD installed. It creates a second partition above 120Gb.
Old May 21st, 2008, 03:15 PM   #219
Regular Crew

DR-HD100 mounting solutions with HD200

I'm exploring other mounting options for the DR-HD100 into an HD200. I had been using the rear mounting option from Anton Bauer, but I was curious to fid out if anyone out there has used a DIY option, a third-party, or a different AB mount.
Just an example, the creative minds at fantasticplastic productions offer an e35mm package where it looks like a FS-C housed in an 35III mag attached to a XLH1. Perhaps something could be whipped up for the JVCs.

http://www.fantasticplastic.com/e35toy2.jpg
Bryan Olinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2008, 10:08 AM   #220
Major Player

I use 2 large strips of velcro on the back of the battery to mount my DR-HD100.
Works nicely and is easy to remove the DR-HD100 to bring the data to my computer.
I also found out it does a bit of chock absorbing aswell due to the fact of the velcro.
Old May 31st, 2008, 08:38 AM   #221
New Boot

QuicktimeHD DR-HD100 Problem

I have QT Pro 7 on a PC and having big problems viewing Quicktime HD files from my DR-HD100 shot on a JVC-110U. I try to view these files, the audio is there but there is no video. I tried brining these files into Avid, Sony Vegas and FCP on my office computer and all the same thing. I downloaded a codec from this link:
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/mpeg2/

...and I paid $20 for the codec but it did not work.

I contacted FOCUS and this is what I got:

---------------------------------------
"This a CODEC issue. The crux of the issue is that actual HDV QT files require QT PRO or FCP on the Mac to playback because they provide the appropriate HDV CODEC.

The Windows QT player and FC Express provide Apples's intermediate CODEC only, so
this is the "HDV" QT files that they will playback. This CODEC is not HDV; the data in files using the Intermediate CODEC is partially uncompressed at capture.

FOCUS only support HDV QT not the Intermediate CODEC HDV QT.
Final Cut or AVID will have to contacted to assist with the necessary updates."
---------------------------

Avid says I have to contact QT, Apple QT says I have to contact FOCUS and
FOCUS is saying I need to contact QT or Avid. I am stuck in a loop with
a product that is suppose to work. How does it work??? What does a computer system need and what is the workflow???

This footage I have I REALLY need to edit ASAP. Can anyone shed some light on the issue??? THANK YOU.

-Mike-
Michael Vallier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 07:10 PM   #222
New Boot

Problem viewing Quicktime HD on my computer

I have a JVC HD-110U and a DR-HD100 60GB Hard Drive. I posted the following problem in many places but got no good responses. If you use any of the JVC HD cameras I mentioned in the title and a FOCUS DR-HD100 Hard Drive, please read the following and let me know how you get it to work. Thank you.

-------------------------------

I have QT Pro 7 on a PC and having big problems viewing Quicktime HD files from my DR-HD100 shot on a JVC-110U. I try to view these files, the audio is there but there is no video. I tried brining these files into Avid, Sony Vegas and FCP on my office computer and all the same thing. I downloaded a codec from this link:
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/mpeg2/

...and I paid $20 for the codec but it did not work.

I contacted FOCUS and this is what I got:

---------------------------------------
"This a CODEC issue. The crux of the issue is that actual HDV QT files require QT PRO or FCP on the Mac to playback because they provide the appropriate HDV CODEC.

The Windows QT player and FC Express provide Apples's intermediate CODEC only, so
this is the "HDV" QT files that they will playback. This CODEC is not HDV; the data in files using the Intermediate CODEC is partially uncompressed at capture.

FOCUS only support HDV QT not the Intermediate CODEC HDV QT.
Final Cut or AVID will have to contacted to assist with the necessary updates."
---------------------------

Avid says I have to contact QT, Apple QT says I have to contact FOCUS and
FOCUS is saying I need to contact QT or Avid. I am stuck in a loop with
a product that is suppose to work.

How does it work??? What does a computer system need and what is the workflow??? THERE MUST BE A WAY TO VIEW AND WORK WITH THE CLIPS WITHOUT TRANSCODING THEM!

This footage I have I REALLY need to edit ASAP. Can anyone shed some light on the issue??? THANK YOU.

-Mike-
Old June 1st, 2008, 07:17 PM   #223
Major Player

Michael,

What you need to do is get your hands on a computer with Final Cut Pro Studio 1.0 or 2.0 installed. (2.0 would be better).

When the Firestore records in QuickTime it is made to use on a Mac with Final Cut Pro. It you are on a PC you should capture on the Firestore with it set to record .m2t files. These will work in most PC based NLE's.

Since you recorded the files in the Quicktime Format, you need to use a Mac running a current version of Final Cut Studio.

Good Luck,

Daniel Weber
Daniel Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 07:45 PM   #224
New Boot

Out of the many posts about this I got bad news, but this bad news was straight forward. I understand now but it still suck because I edit in Avid on a PC and now I find out that I need a Mac to use this drive I just spent $1500 on. Avid does not support M2t so I am stuck.

Focus should mention this somewhere.

-Mike-
Old June 1st, 2008, 10:58 PM   #225
Major Player

No, Michael, you really just need a few QT plugins. i'll try and find out which and post them here.
Claude Mangold is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore