DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Focus Enhancements FireStore (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/focus-enhancements-firestore/)
-   -   DR-HD100 various topics (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/focus-enhancements-firestore/86418-dr-hd100-various-topics.html)

Steve Benner July 19th, 2006 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt McEwen
Hi Steve,

Yes we do and it is fixed, but in beta test at this time. If you don't mind signing up to our beta test program, I can send you a copy.

Email me off line if you are interested.

Thanks,

Matt

Email Sent.

Stephen Knapp August 4th, 2006 07:56 PM

Matt,
Steve Benner, a JVC guy in this forum suggested I ask you about this.
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=73001

That unit I reported buying in mid June in the first post of this thread still has not been delivered.

I've had an 80 gig unit on order since mid June from a reliable east coast vendor (ZGC) - and they can't get JVC to deliver. Chris, one of the ZGC reps keeps getting string-along notes from JVC about it, "Any day now..." Earlier this week they told me that my name was at the top of their fulfilment list and that two units were supposed to be coming in, and that I could expect fulfilment by Friday (today). No unit.

Earlier today I checked with another outfit in North Carolina who had advertised the same price, to see if they had any in stock. They didn't, and called back after a few hours and said that JVC isn't filling orders on these right now.

What's up?

Stephen Knapp August 7th, 2006 10:58 AM

Matt,

I just spoke with Chris at ZGC and she said the not only are there waiting lists for the DR-HD100 drives, but the FS100 for the Panasonic P2 cams are beaucoup scarce in the marketplace right now too. She laid the problem at the Focus Enhancements doorstep, and said they just aren;t delivering right now.

Can you clue us in on the problem?

Matt McEwen August 7th, 2006 04:09 PM

We have been filling orders for these products as quickly as possible, but demand has far exceeded our ability to manufacture enough product. We hope to have the current backlog of units cleared by months end.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Matt

Markus Bo August 11th, 2006 07:06 AM

DR-HD 100 Experience

Dear Folks,

I am to buy a DR-HD 100 (if available) and wanted to ask those who are already working with it. What about the experiance, the workflow and maybe some words from those who are using it with Avid Liquid.

Thanks

Markus

Steve Benner August 11th, 2006 09:14 AM

Here is my workflow (I do not have Liquid though):

FCP:
- Open the file in MPEG STREAMCLIP.
- Select either HDV 30 or AIC for the codec.
- Bring the Quality Slider to Best.
- Deselest the De-interlace check boxes.
- In the Frame Rate Box, enter 23.976.

In FCP use whichever Presest for AIC 30 or HDV 30 (depending on what you choose).

In the Sequence settings (Command 0), put the editing timebase to 23.98.

AVID Xpress Pro:

- Open the file in MPEG STREAMCLIP.
- Select Avid Codec DNxHD.
- Bring the Quality Slider to Best.
- Deselest the De-interlace check boxes.
- In the Frame Rate Box, enter 23.976.
- Next to DNxHD, you need to go into the options and select which quality and frame size you want to edit in (Either 1080 or 720, and one of the qualities).

In Avid, create whatever project type is correct with your frame size. Avid will quickly import the files, but it will also Copy them and transcode to MXF...it does this quickly because of the DNxHD. You can delete the original files after importing.

This seems like a long workaround but it is rather quick. The only time consuming thing is the conversion. You can also Batch Convert in MPEG STREAMCLIP.

Liquid may be able to handle the .m2t just by importing, but I am not sure.

Markus Bo August 11th, 2006 10:38 AM

Hi Steve,

thanks for your information. I suppose you are satisfied with the DR-HD 100 and it works stable?

Markus

Shawn Kessler August 27th, 2006 06:17 AM

connecting DRHD 100 to anton bauer hytron 120

As the title says how do I do this i know there must be a cable out there that asllows this. anyony?

thanks in advanced
shawn

Hart Boyd August 30th, 2006 04:31 AM

Here is a cable that goes from Power Tap to Firestore

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search

If you don't already a Power Tap connector here is a universal solution:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search

Shawn Kessler August 30th, 2006 05:11 PM

DR cable

thanks hart looks like that will work fine. I already have the anton bauer setup
shawn

Albert Schuurman September 4th, 2006 03:48 AM

search for info at commands over IEEE 1394

Hoi furompupil.
I'm a Dutch mail of 66 jears en retired en have read the whole discussion on this matter. I doe a lot of video shooting and also mounting on the computer.
I seems that David has make a goed device. However, I search a lot time to the internet to find the commando's send viceversa from camera to device, (Mediaplayer, Capture devices, recorder, etc) But find notthing sofar. I fond this site well.
Mayby I used the wrong search strings. Can anybody gif me some clou where to look.
Thanks in advance and sorry for my english writing
Best reards
Ab Schuurman

Albert Schuurman September 4th, 2006 02:26 PM

search for info again

Howdy members,
I see that I have post my question on the wrong issue.
I thought I was on the tread for direct to disk recording solutions
So sorry.
However, when anyone can help me further out, please do
Best Regards,
Ab schuurman

Markus Bo September 16th, 2006 05:32 AM

Mounts for JVC DR-HD100

Eventually I ordered the DR-HD100 to save time but what I don't have very clear is the solution to mount the disk on the cam. I have the IDX-battery-mount and I know that they have a special adaptor to fit the HD but they want here in Europe 200 € and more for this adaptor. Please start telling how you did it cheaper and comfortable as well.

Regards

Markus

Matt McEwen September 18th, 2006 11:54 AM

The only mount available from Focus is the camera mount adapter, which allows you to mount the DR-HD100 to the camera's hot shoe. But if you have an IDX battery system, there FS-4/DR-HD100 mount is the way to go in my opinion as many people would like to use the hot shoe for other accessories. It will work with the cradle that came with your DR-HD100.

Hope that helps,

Matt

Markus Bo September 18th, 2006 12:25 PM

Thanks Matt,

I don't understand perfectly what you mean with the mount that comes with the DR HD but I will see if I can fix it using the two lateral wholes on the IDX-mount.

Markus