DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Focus Enhancements FireStore (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/focus-enhancements-firestore/)
-   -   DR-HD100 various topics (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/focus-enhancements-firestore/86418-dr-hd100-various-topics.html)

Jeffrey Butler February 23rd, 2007 02:21 PM

delete me

sorry; forum timeouts made me think i had not posted it...so i did. a few extra times...

Hayk Paul February 23rd, 2007 02:40 PM

Dr-hd100 Problem, Help!!!!!

Hi guys, I finally purches the HD100 drive. Inside of the package there is a paper from Focus that says my HD100 is the 2.0 version and therefore now supports 720/30p, but when I go into the HD FORMATS screen I only get M2T showing, there is no quicktime. I still need to get a firmware upgrade for the HD24P but I dont want to pay extra money to get a the 30p one as well when it already says in my product box that 30p is supported. So any idea why I'm only getting M2T as an option and not Quicktime 30p as well??

Jeffrey Butler February 23rd, 2007 02:47 PM

No, it does not.

can't delete. duplicate.

Kit Hannah February 23rd, 2007 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayk Paul
Hi guys, I finally purches the HD100 drive. Inside of the package there is a paper from Focus that says my HD100 is the 2.0 version and therefore now supports 720/30p, but when I go into the HD FORMATS screen I only get M2T showing, there is no quicktime. I still need to get a firmware upgrade for the HD24P but I dont want to pay extra money to get a the 30p one as well when it already says in my product box that 30p is supported. So any idea why I'm only getting M2T as an option and not Quicktime 30p as well??

I think the quicktime update is available for $39 for your drive, but if you just bought it, it should have probably come with, but I may be wrong. Might try giving Focus a call on Monday to see if new drives include the update.

The .m2t format will record 30p and 24p. The quicktime update I believe was intended for mac users to easily integrate footage to Final cut pro.

Marc Higa February 24th, 2007 10:39 AM

Call Focus I had the same problem. They will have to send you the $39 update (mine was free because i just bought the drive) and special instructions on how to update the drive. You can try this update first...

http://www.focusinfo.com/rfi/confirmation.asp?id=86

but that didn't work for me.

Marc

Juliana Mori March 6th, 2007 09:09 AM

workflow in DV SD mode

Martin,

I've been looking forward for a solution to avoid the dv capturing process and since you've already got a FS4 I thought you could help me with some doubts I have.

I work with SD cameras (pd 170 and HZ1 on Dv mode) in a FCP 5.1 Macbook plataform. I believe FS4HD would be a good choice for me, right?

As I edit while I'm on location, I intend to shoot the whole day and, as soon as the HD is full, deliver it to my Macbook Pro so I can edit the material immediately.

What I would like to know is how "immediately" this workflow (DV videocamera capturing in FS4 - Mac with FCP 5.1) actually is? How long does the transfer process of 4,5 hours Dv footage take? Is there any compression (encoding /decoding) necessary so the FCP can "read" the material?

And last, how does the FS4 mount on the camera? Do you feel a big difference operating and holding the camera with the HD mounted (is is too heavy or too unconfortable)?

Best regards, Juliana.

Ben Garvey March 13th, 2007 11:40 AM

A couple of questions

I am about to get the FS-4 HD for mmy HD110 and just want to be clear about a couple of things.
1. How does the timecode work with the FS-4, does it sync with the HD110, or create it's own timecode when you hit record on the FS-4HD? Does it sync symultaneously when you are recording to tape?

2. I want to avoid working in HDV, and convert the footage from the FS-4 HD to DVCPRO HD. Do I need to to log and capture from the FS-4HD in Final Cut Pro first, or Can I just Drag and drop the files from the FS-4HD onto my desktop, open them up in MPEG Streamclip and convert to DVCPRO HD?

J.R. Hughto March 16th, 2007 03:57 PM

New form factor for DR-HD100?

I recently received a replacement DR-HD100 drive, as my "old" drive (purchased in August) had failed and was on its second time in for repairs. Focus sent me a new drive and replacement battery, however, they did not send me a new cradle or AC power supply. This didn't seem like a big deal until I put the drive into the old cradle - the peg on the drive that locks into the cradle does not align because the peg on the drive is too short. With the smaller battery I can bend the cradle into place, but with the extended life battery, it won't work.

It would seem that the newer DR-HD100 drives therefore have a different peg (at the very least) - would a replacement FS-4 High Capacity cradle (there is no replacement cradle for the DR-HD100) work with the new DR-HD100 peg? I'd like a solution that isn't "gaffer's tape," since the ability to "click" it on and off the camera mount is really handy.

Jon Ward March 16th, 2007 09:19 PM

Suggestions for switching FS-4 to DR-HD100

I've been using the Firestore FS-4Pro HD 80 gig with the JVC HD100Ua for about a year and have the latest QT update for 720p/30 but now i'm getting into a string of projects that require 720p/24 and I get the feeling (based on discussions in this forum) that Firestore is not releasing a 720p/24 QT update for my system. It's my understanding that format is only going to be supported in the DR-HD100 made specifically for the JVC cameras. So I was wondering if anyone knows of an exchange/upgrade program for users of the FS-4 who purchased prior to knowing the DR-HD100 was going to be released. And if not, does anyone have thoughts on where best to sell the FS-4 and where best to purchase the DR-HD100. And what a reasonable price difference between the two should be.

PS - I know I can convert the mt2 files from the FS-4 at 24p but I'm getting ready for some longer format projects and therefore i must have the time code that's lost during that conversion.

Thanks.

Simon Reilly April 6th, 2007 10:02 PM

DR-HD100 and FS-4 HD 100 compatability with JVC HD 100

I cannot seem to get a definitive answer, on which of these drives is compatable with the JVCHD 100, Focus Enhancements web site says only the DR-HD100 is compatable, but on reading through this site and others I see different information.
can anybody give me the a definitive answer
thanks

sr

Bill Ravens April 7th, 2007 07:24 AM

I have an FS-4 that I upgraded to an FS-4HD with firmware from Focus Enhancements. It functions perfectly, no complaints, with my HD100.

Ronald Wilk April 8th, 2007 01:18 PM

Firestore Dr-HD100 and Synching to HD 250

Hi:

I have a basic question regarding the suggested initial startup of an DR HD-100 (Ver 2.2) and its host HD-250U or 200 series camera.

I have noticed that since my recent upgrade to the ver. 2.2 OS, that unless the DR HD-100 is turned on before the camera's power is initiated, there is a long delay before the Hard Drive will synch to trigger and the counter begins moving. On the other hand, if the drive is turned on first, synchronization to trigger is accomplished with only the expected short delay as described in the operator's manual.

Although it may seem that I have answered my own question, I wonder if others have had a similar experience?

Dave Beaty May 3rd, 2007 12:04 PM

DR-HD100 Resetting after Bypass Enable

I have several DR-HD100's and several Macs we use for editing. In the last several weeks I've been having a problem with one of the new Mac Pro's not letting me connect the DR-HD100 as DD. When I connect firewire to front I/O and Enable Bypass, the DR will reset itself after about 5 secs...and reboot - goes to blue screen and restarts. It Never appears on the mac desktop, but a "Device Removal" Warning does appear. This same mac would mount the DR-HD100 before. I have OSX 10.4.9 with the latest everything software from Apple.

Strange as that is, if I take the unit to another Mac, A G5 with 10.4.8 and try, it works absolutely fine. I've tried 3 different DR-HD100's all do the same thing.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Dave Beaty May 3rd, 2007 12:07 PM

I've noticed this as well.

Dave

Dave Beaty May 3rd, 2007 04:50 PM

I think I have this figured out. Apparently, when I have the BR-HD50 deck plugged in the back firewire port and powered up, there is a conflict with the DR-HD100 on the front port. Unplugging the BR-HD50 allows the drive to connect properly.