DR-HD100 various topics - Page 14 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old January 24th, 2008, 04:28 PM   #196
Regular Crew

Thanks for that Paulo. Fortunately, it was not recording at the time, just in 'idle mode'. I will try the Xp scan idea and see what happens.

And Portugal was beautiful... a nice 18 degrees compared to 7 in the UK! Got sunburnt on the Penha Longa hotel golf course!

Dan
Old January 30th, 2008, 09:11 PM   #197
Major Player

Have you tried running free run timecode and synching the cameras that way? Does FIRESTORE automatically start each clip at 00:00:00 if the cameras are running free run TC?
Chris Swanberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2008, 06:07 PM   #198
Major Player

i dont need to sync cameras, I shoot news so I need to be able to use the time code when I log video and write down my sound bites. I have tried every mode of time code capture on the DR HD100 and the camera, and every time I bring the file into vegas 8, ALL the clips start at 0
Ian Planchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2008, 06:13 PM   #199
Major Player

Hwr-hd100kit

anyone have pics of this bracket mounted on their camera with the DR HD100?
Ian Planchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2008, 07:43 PM   #200
Trustee

Dr-hd100

After watching a youtube demo of the DR-HD100 I guess I will put out the extra money for the DR-HD100 VS the FS-4. Is anyone using the DR-HD100? Is it solid? reliable?
Randy Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2008, 02:22 PM   #201
Regular Crew

Good Experiences with DR-HD100 Thus Far

Randy,

I have been shooting with 2 JVC HD100U’s over the past 2 years, sometimes renting a 3rd for special event coverage. I just purchased the DR-HD100 a couple of month ago and it has worked like a charm for both SD and HD filming. Given all the hours spent capturing footage, especially from multicamera shoots at seminars and weddings, I wish I made this investment many months earlier.

The interface is very intuitive and it doesn’t seem too hard on the battery load. So far I’m shooting simultaneously to tape and disk in “syncro mode” just in case I goof up while getting comfortable with the new setup, but it won’t be long before I go truly ‘tapeless’ for most of my future projects. I’m so pleased with my new DR-HD100 that I’m looking to rent one from my dealer for shooting an upcoming Comedy Magic Festival so that I can cut down on capture time as well as allow my clients review the footage easily after each show.

If you do decide to get one, make sure your unit comes with the most current firmware, version 3.0. I purchased mine just before the update came out. Here is the info my dealer sent me in case you buy one with a previous version.

"DR-HD100 Full 720p/24/25/30/50/60 QuickTime HDV support: v3.0 released Feb 19, 2008
This update must be purchased from Focus Enhancements. This version also adds auto-reel functionality".

Enjoy,

Michael Lafleur
Michael Lafleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2008, 02:24 PM   #202
Trustee

cool. Thanks
Old April 1st, 2008, 03:50 PM   #203
Regular Crew

DR-HD100 Volume Partition Issue

Hello Everyone,

I just bought the DR-HD100 to fix the capture drop-out issues I have with tapes from my JVC GY-HD100. The DR-HD100 came in the mail last week. I started using it and it was great.

I would play the tape out of my camera. Camera was connected to DR-HD100 by firewire. DR-HD100 was set to make QT HD files. Then I moved files to my Lacie Harddrive. Seven tapes of material went well.

Then, all of a sudden the DR-HD100 said that there was an unknown problem and would I like to partition the volume. The choices of answer were "Yes" or "Menu." However, any choice I did through Menu always got me back to the same window to choose "Yes" or Menu. So, I eventually chose Yes.

It started to Parition the volume and it was running for hours. I unplugged it. I re-plugged it and did reset DR-HD100 to factory settings. That seemed to take half a second. Then the Parition Volume window came up again. So I said yes again and let it run. It ran from noon to midnight and was still running when I unplugged it again.

Does anyone know what is going on and how I can fix this? One minute it was working great and the next it flipped out. I don't remember doing anything different to make this happen, but maybe I did.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Sharon
Sharon Pieczenik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2008, 07:43 AM   #204
Trustee

DR-HD100 price

Is this a normal price for this unit or some kind of sale?
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...table_DTE.html
Old April 5th, 2008, 12:53 AM   #205
Regular Crew

Can the Dr-100 be outfitted to be powered off a battery belt?

Can the Dr-100 be outfitted to be powered off a battery belt? If so what are my best options.
David Allen Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2008, 01:30 PM   #206
New Boot

try:

http://www.powerbagjunior.com

Thanks,

Joe Matyas
Joe Matyas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2008, 05:59 PM   #207
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Matyas View Post
try:

Thanks,

Joe Matyas
Thats perfect thanks!
Old April 8th, 2008, 06:18 PM   #208
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Matyas View Post
try:

Thanks,

Joe Matyas

Have you used one?
Old April 8th, 2008, 09:39 PM   #209
New Boot

Yes - I am the manufacturer !!!!! (he said sheepishly ...)
Joe Matyas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2008, 06:42 PM   #210
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Johnson View Post
Is this a normal price for this unit or some kind of sale?
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...table_DTE.html
I Believe its a sale do to the fact the 60g is going to be a discontinued item.
Gary Williams is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore