DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Focus Enhancements FireStore (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/focus-enhancements-firestore/)
-   -   Firestore for Canon XH (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/focus-enhancements-firestore/88651-firestore-canon-xh.html)

James Jackson March 10th, 2007 06:56 PM

Firestore for Canon XH

Which one do I buy for my A1?? Which one will have the most compatibility with the A1?

Doug Tessler March 10th, 2007 09:27 PM

yes I hace the FS-c 100 gig

The FS-C is the only one that Canon sells and recommends . I have it and it works great. The only downside is the battery life on the standard battery is not great .

Doug T

James Jackson March 10th, 2007 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug Tessler (Post 639578)
The FS-C is the only one that Canon sells and recommends . I have it and it works great. The only downside is the battery life on the standard battery is not great .

Doug T

can it record 1080 24f and 30f and also SD 24f?

Doug Tessler March 11th, 2007 02:09 AM

yes and no

They are working on a 30f update , but it does 60 and 24 f as of now . it will be able to do 30 f as soon as a software update is introduced .

Doug T

Gert Kracht March 11th, 2007 03:49 AM

I have a question about the Firewire devices. I noticed that de A1 has all it's connectors at the backside.

What sort of connector does the FS-C have ? Does it have an 90 degrees angle, so the wire goes up or down or does the wire go towards the user.

Why do I ask ? Well, I almost had a fatal collision with the firewire cable and because the 1394 is very small, I don't want to think what could have happend to it when it was hit the wrong way.

Same thing about the headphone and video connecor, but I think those are far more easy to get in an 90 degree angle.

Barry Richard March 11th, 2007 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gert Kracht (Post 639679)
I have a question about the Firewire devices. I noticed that de A1 has all it's connectors at the backside.

What sort of connector does the FS-C have ? Does it have an 90 degrees angle, so the wire goes up or down or does the wire go towards the user.

Why do I ask ? Well, I almost had a fatal collision with the firewire cable and because the 1394 is very small, I don't want to think what could have happend to it when it was hit the wrong way.

Same thing about the headphone and video connecor, but I think those are far more easy to get in an 90 degree angle.

an IDIOTIC place for those ports !!

Contrast where the Z1 has them.

Canon's design is inexplicable

Bill Busby March 11th, 2007 01:43 PM

I'll tell you what's idiotic... the physical design of firewire connectors alone :-\

Barry Richard March 11th, 2007 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Busby (Post 639845)
I'll tell you what's idiotic... the physical design of firewire connectors alone :-\

true.

The 6 pin design is much more rugged.

The 4 pin should never been used for camcorders -- why hasn't anyone redesigned that 4 pin port ??

Apple is idiot on this one I think

Dan Wilder March 11th, 2007 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Busby (Post 639845)

Definitely one of my pet peeves as well. Normally I would criticize use of a non-standard connector on a product but this is one case where I wish they would stuff the standards. Canon's placement of the ports on the A1 only makes matters worse.

-Dan