What would you choose? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Topics about HD production.

Old October 31st, 2007, 12:23 PM   #1
Tourist

What would you choose?

Hi all,
Next year I will be leaving to Australia for a few months. My biggest hobby is making nature documentries about reptiles and other animals. I've used a smaller Sony camera in the past but I wasn't really amused by the image quality and options.
What I'm looking for is a camera for max. 3400 euro which you guys would suggest to be the best option for my plans. I'm thinking about buying a Canon XH-A1, of which I think it has the most value for money. Other options are the Sony FX1 or FX7, Sony PD170, second hand Canon XL2 or ......? I'm open for all options!
Please let me know or point me in a direction which can help me.
Thanks alot,

Jesse Hosman
Jesse Hosman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2007, 05:58 PM   #2
Major Player

I see no one has replied. Perhaps you should ask this question a few forums down, in the Under Water Over Land forum. They do outdoor/wildlife there and might be more inclined to answer your question.

Bob
Bob Kerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2007, 08:18 PM   #3
Regular Crew

depends.... at this time I'd opt out for the Canon HV20...

Its like a PD170 but HD.... but, the quality is there but the low light performance isn't as good as the PD170....

Its hard to beat the PD170 when you need SD and low light performance but for the price its hard to beat the Canon HV20...
Ray Bell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition