BOB Deinterlacing at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Topics about HD production.

Old February 18th, 2008, 11:41 PM   #1
New Boot

BOB Deinterlacing

Hey

I jsut starting to read about the Bob De-interlace techic. I am using a A1 and HV20 cameras shooting 1080i, but it is all action sport and I do a lot of slowmo effects, so I need to edit in Progressiv mode, 25p or 50p.

What would be the best way to transform these files to deinterlaced material high quality?

I just tried a bob deinterlace thing, where I used AVIsynth and Lagarith. Turned my m2t into 50p (960x540). The quality of the clips where great but they got too small (vertical). The problem here is also that it separates the audio into separate file and I can only deinterlace one clip after the other, and I will probably have 1000 clips after shooting.

Do anybody have any good sugestion
Peter Svensson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2008, 07:42 AM   #2
Major Player

Check out VirtualDub and the Smart Deinterlacer

I don't know VirtualDub's website offhand, but it's easy to search for. The smart deinterlacer (recommended to me by guys here, thanks!) is at:

http://neuron2.net/smart/smart.html

VirtualDub does have a way to batch process if I remember right.

Enjoy!
C
Old February 19th, 2008, 11:05 AM   #3
New Boot

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Middleton View Post
Check out VirtualDub and the Smart Deinterlacer

I don't know VirtualDub's website offhand, but it's easy to search for. The smart deinterlacer (recommended to me by guys here, thanks!) is at:

http://neuron2.net/smart/smart.html

VirtualDub does have a way to batch process if I remember right.

Enjoy!
C
Hey, and thanks for your answer, I am totally new when it comes to deinterlacing, Some questions:

1. I dont even know what you mean with batch process :) Could you please explain, thanks.

2. the smartpage was kind of hard to understand. Is this a plugin, or a script which i cmd run?

Do you use this deinterlace technic?
Old February 20th, 2008, 09:14 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Use tdeint+EDI to deinterlace.
It is a special algorithm which is very slow but produces much better results than smart deinterlacer (plugin for vdub) or even fieldskit (plugin after effects)!

Download megui:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/megui/

Download all the updates after the first start.
Create a d2v-file in megui (tools>d2v creator)
Create a .avs-file from the .d2v-file tools>avs-script creator)

Choose not to resize the video.
Check Interlace-Button, select Top Field first.
And deinterlace method: Tdeint+Edi

Save the avs and create a xvid or uncompressed avi with megui.

regards Dennis
Dennis Schmitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2008, 12:23 PM   #5
New Boot

dennis

Thanks Dennis for your reply. Problem is that I need to do an Bob deinterlaceing at wicth do not at all do motion calculation. This because my clisp are extremly motion. Objects passing by very fast, etc, soo all these smart deinterlacing normally blurs alot. I need full cristal clear, also since I am about to use twixtor in alot of the clips.

So I eigher need to do a fullon Bob deinterlacing at which they throw away every second lines (and I end up with 540P50 (original 1080i)) or the interpolate version at where it would end up at maybe 720p50 and they would have thrown away every second line but also refill that "space" with blurring up the space using the lines left.

I really would like to do these order of work:

1. capture all clips as 1080i to have those on my drive (could be 1000 clips)

2. Do a bob or interpolate deinterlace of them (and I need to find a way where I can batch process them, so I dont have to do one by one, which I had to do on my first try doing AVIsynth and scripts (in dos cmd) (totally new for me)).

3. Then eighter have these new files as 540P50 or 720P50 and wor with (in a godd codec I do not yet know)

Anybody? :=)

Peter
Old February 20th, 2008, 04:32 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Tdeint is by far the best bobber available if needed (just add mode=1 in the resulting avs-script).

You will receive some really nice looking 50p looking video with tdeint+edi using mode=1.

regards Dennis
Old February 20th, 2008, 06:22 PM   #7
New Boot

MeGUI

Hey Dennis.

Ok, I downloaded the MeGUI and updated (32 files when I started), but then I do not understand at all what to do?

I have a test file (1080i .mpeg) which was captured with premiere preset (Adobe HD 1080i). Do that work.

Edit: ok I am on my way now, but I cant find the "mode=1" you talked about, where do I put that?
There is a checkbox "Clever (TM) anamorphic encoding: (resize to mod16). Does that have something to do with mode=1 ?

What do I put in "input DAR" I cant choose HD, just normal PAL 16:9

I also would like the output to be square pixels 1280x720p50 or 960x540p50, but it looks it is impossible.
Old February 21st, 2008, 07:17 AM   #8
Regular Crew

I did a new test with old Canon XH-A1 interlaced 50i material using megui.

FIRST!
HDV 16:9 or Pal 16:9 have the same aspect ratio.
And if you're working with HDV I wouldn't recommened resizing to 960x540 (just for deinterlacing) or to a squarepixel size. Just leave it as it is.

But I've found a new bobbing method - SecureBob, which looks even better!

Download it from here:
http://home.arcor.de/scharfis_brain/mvbob/

Put the .dll and .avs files in C:\ProgramFiles\Avisynth 2.5\plugins

Then open your .d2v file in megui>Avisynth Script Creator
Click on Tab "Edit" and edit the avs script there:

import("C:\ProgramFiles\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\mvbob.avs")

DGDecode_mpeg2source("your film.d2v",info=3)
SecureBob()

Preview the AVS file and save.
Then Encode your 50p video :)

regards Dennis
Old March 5th, 2008, 09:58 PM   #9
New Boot

thanks dennis

Hey, thanks dennis for all your help on this. My problem is also that I might have to integrate some photage which is PAL 4:3 in the production. What should I do then? Because then I will have problem with different pixel aspect ratio.

Also. I sent an email to you Dennis.

Thanks again

Peter
Old March 9th, 2008, 07:15 PM   #10
New Boot

batch deinterlace

Ok, might use some of these tecnics, but my last concern is how to batch convert many clips to deinterlace 50P.

I will have hundreds of 1080i clips imported. I would like to make them all into 50P, and therefore it needs to be easy, soo i dont have to do one-by-one. Is there a way?

Peter
Old March 11th, 2008, 08:05 AM   #11
Major Player

Hi

Maybe a stupid question, but why not film progressive in the first place? You have the ability to do it with both camcorders. Then you don't have to waste a LOT of time on deinterlacing.

Regards,

/Bosse
Bo Sundvall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2008, 03:45 PM   #12
Regular Crew

I wrote a dos batch script to convert hdv files to h264 ..mp4 files.
Obviously you would have to modify it to goto whatever intermediate format you choose. This will at least get you started.

if %1.==x264v. goto x264v

for %%a in (%1) do call %0 x264v %%a
goto end

:x264v

echo %2

call dgindex.exe -IF=[%~n2.m2t] -OF=[%~n2] -OM=1 -IA=3 -minimize -exit
echo %~n2.d2v
ren "%~n2*.mp2" "%~n2a.mp2"

call "C:\downloads\x264.exe" --pass 1 --bitrate 2000 --stats ".stats" --level 4.1 --ref 1 --bframes 3 --direct auto --subme 3 --analyse none --ipratio 1.4 --pbratio 1.3 --vbv-bufsize 2000 --vbv-maxrate 4000 --qcomp 0.6 --me dia --merange 16 --sar 1:1 --threads auto --thread-input --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim --output NUL "%~n2.avs"

call "C:\downloads\x264.exe" --pass 2 --bitrate 2000 --stats ".stats" --level 4.1 --ref 3 --mixed-refs --bframes 3 --b-rdo --bime --weightb --direct auto --subme 6 --trellis 1 --analyse p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,i8x8 --8x8dct --ipratio 1.4 --pbratio 1.3 --vbv-bufsize 2000 --vbv-maxrate 4000 --qcomp 0.6 --me umh --merange 16 --sar 1:1 --threads auto --thread-input --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim --output "v%~n2.mp4" "%~n2.avs"

ffmpeg.exe -y -i "%~n2a.mp2" -acodec pcm_s16le audio.wav
neroaacenc_sse.exe -he -2pass -br 96000 -if audio.wav -of audio.m4a

call MP4Box.exe -add "v%~n2.mp4" -add audio.m4a -new "hd%~n2.mp4"
Eric Larson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2008, 03:59 PM   #13
New Boot

batch this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Larson View Post
I wrote a dos batch script to convert hdv files to h264 ..mp4 files.
Obviously you would have to modify it to goto whatever intermediate format you choose. This will at least get you started.

if %1.==x264v. goto x264v

for %%a in (%1) do call %0 x264v %%a
goto end

:x264v

echo %2

call dgindex.exe -IF=[%~n2.m2t] -OF=[%~n2] -OM=1 -IA=3 -minimize -exit
echo %~n2.d2v
ren "%~n2*.mp2" "%~n2a.mp2"

call "C:\downloads\x264.exe" --pass 1 --bitrate 2000 --stats ".stats" --level 4.1 --ref 1 --bframes 3 --direct auto --subme 3 --analyse none --ipratio 1.4 --pbratio 1.3 --vbv-bufsize 2000 --vbv-maxrate 4000 --qcomp 0.6 --me dia --merange 16 --sar 1:1 --threads auto --thread-input --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim --output NUL "%~n2.avs"

call "C:\downloads\x264.exe" --pass 2 --bitrate 2000 --stats ".stats" --level 4.1 --ref 3 --mixed-refs --bframes 3 --b-rdo --bime --weightb --direct auto --subme 6 --trellis 1 --analyse p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,i8x8 --8x8dct --ipratio 1.4 --pbratio 1.3 --vbv-bufsize 2000 --vbv-maxrate 4000 --qcomp 0.6 --me umh --merange 16 --sar 1:1 --threads auto --thread-input --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim --output "v%~n2.mp4" "%~n2.avs"

ffmpeg.exe -y -i "%~n2a.mp2" -acodec pcm_s16le audio.wav
neroaacenc_sse.exe -he -2pass -br 96000 -if audio.wav -of audio.m4a

call MP4Box.exe -add "v%~n2.mp4" -add audio.m4a -new "hd%~n2.mp4"
Hey, Please do a step-by-step explanation aboth how to do this in a batch process way. I will have many clips which I want to de-interlace.

A friend told me I could use hdv files (1080i50) (.mpeg) have them assembled in a folder, then usa a AVIsynth script and HDlink (Cineform AspectHD) to batch de-interlace alot of clips at the same time. I am kind of stucked here and would SOOOOOOO MUCH appriciate some help of a somewhat "step-bystep" how to do that.

(I would like to try secure BOB or MVBob)

Thanks
Peter

Last edited by Peter Svensson; March 23rd, 2008 at 04:58 AM.
Peter Svensson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition