60i capture help at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition

General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Topics about HD production.

Old June 8th, 2008, 12:16 PM   #1
Tourist

60i capture help

Ok I have a problem capturing on my pc with the Canon HV10, every program that work(HDV split, Nerovision) on detecting my HV10 are only capturing to file of 29,97 fps. Before I could do it in 59.94 fps but now I don't know what happen I can't anymore.

Please realy need help on this one, i've search the forum but can't seem to find the answer
Paul Calce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2008, 07:40 PM   #2
Tourist

Common guy's surely somebody as something to say to me, ok then can you tell me when you guy's capture with hdv does'it capture in 60i or 30p
Paul Calce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2008, 12:20 AM   #3
Regular Crew

While many have tried to standardize the naming of frame rates, many companies find ways to still confuse people.

When it is specified that a camera operates at "29.97i" or "30i", it means that it will have 29.97 interlaced frames per second.
When it is specified that a camera operates at "59.94i" or "60i", it means that it operates at 59.94 fields per second (or 29.97 full frames per second).

Notice that both of these definitions are exactly the same. Whether measured in frames or fields, you get the same number of full pictures per second.

**Exception. Some higher end cameras have the ability to operate at 59.94 full frames per second. However, this is most commonly noted as "59.94" or "59.94p".

Hope this helps.
Devin Termini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2008, 04:31 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Calce View Post
only capturing to file of 29,97 fps. Before I could do it in 59.94 fps
It's as Devin says, in practice it's the same thing. (Though previously you were never capturing 59.94 frames/sec, rather 59.94 FIELDS/sec.)

The nomenclature has changed such that previously we spoke of no of frames for progressive systems, no of fields for interlaced systems - the standards bodies have now decreed that the nomenclature should ALWAYS refer to no of FRAMES, regardless of progressive or interlace. Unfortunately some manufacturers are much slower to adopt the new terminology than others, but what you're now seeing is manufacturers doing just that.
David Heath is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition