buying JCV HD110 question about online retailer at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Topics about HD production.

Closed Thread

Old July 14th, 2008, 04:34 PM   #1
Tourist

buying JCV HD110 question about online retailer

Hi all.

My production company is buying a new camera and we're getting a JVC HD110U. We have a local store that can get it for us at $4100, but searching online I found --------.com who is selling it for $3700. That difference is almost the cost of the tripod we want to get with the camera. I'm curious if anyone has ordered from --------.com before. I know there are some online retailers to stay away from, and normally I don't trust online retailers, but nextag.com has 450 positive reviews ofyhem, so it got me curious. Should I send them 3700 bones or should I fork out the extra 400 and buy locally?

Thanks, I appreciate any feedback anyone has!

Jonathan
Old July 14th, 2008, 05:00 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Hi Jonathan............

First post and already dropped yourself in it big time.

DVinfo doesn't "do" suppliers who are not sponsors of this site.

Why would a "production company" shell out to an on - line supplier it doesn't know, with probably zero backup and support, when the cost of equipment is tax deductable anyway?

Does not compute.

Either buy from one of DVinfo's many sponsors (their names ain't exactly hiding) or buy local, from a real live person.

CS
Old July 14th, 2008, 05:12 PM   #3
Tourist

Chris.

Thanks for the info, I'll look into the sponsors of dvinfo. I've been on the boards a long time and received plenty of useful information, just happens to be my first time with a question I couldn't find answered elsewhere.

The "Production Company" in question is only 2 years old and still learning all the ins & outs, in our case we have a limited funding on what we spend on equipment (even if it's all tax deductible) so we're trying to get a decent deal. In the end we'll probably end up buying from our locals guys because we've gotten to know them over the last few months, but like I said above I'll check into the dv sponsors as well.

Thanks again, I appreciate the heads up!

Jonathan
Old July 14th, 2008, 05:30 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I agree with Chris and actually it appears your local dealer is offering the camera a little less than one of the major on-line retailers ( and DV Sponsor).

the dealer you mentioned sets the lights and warning bells in my head. reminds me of another dealer with a less than stellar images that has broadway in their name
Old July 15th, 2008, 10:33 AM   #5
Obstreperous Rex

As a matter of policy, DV Info Net refers all "where to buy" questions exclusively to its fully authorized and strongly trusted site sponsors: www.dvinfo.net/sponsors -- hope this helps,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition