Xacti VPC-HD2000 HDMI Capture at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition

General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Topics about HD production.

Old April 4th, 2009, 05:02 PM   #1
Major Player

Xacti VPC-HD2000 HDMI Capture

Just wondered if anyone has captured HDMI with any Xacti camera... The Xacti VPC-HD2000 video to me look incredible, looks more like Betacam then the digital footage I've seen with most every other camera...As for the form factor? well it's fine for most stuff but like my last shoot, 4 grand... man I would look silly showing up with most any small form factor camera, with lights sounds and everything else.... Yep I'll get one... I hate 4.2.0 but this 60P ROCKS and is soooo ssmmmmoootttthhhhh.. latter
Old April 8th, 2009, 05:57 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I have the Xacti 1010, and have found the footage is fine for both BBC and ITV.
A tripod is always to hand as any zoom soon shows up any shakes. The size means it is with me when I need it unlike the XLH1, which is my main camera, needs much more thought before being taken out. I'm looking forward to filming dragonflies and damsel flies this spring as the lightness of the Xacti plus a small tripod mean distances on foot are no longer a problem.
So, yes. I'm a fan of this camera.
Old April 8th, 2009, 11:47 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Chris

Thanks for the input, this would be my main camera for my family BUT the HDMI output and capture would be incredible if possible... thanks again

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition