Capturing HD with Premiere Pro 1.5.1, export as..? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition

General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Topics about HD production.

Old April 27th, 2009, 01:54 AM   #1
New Boot

Capturing HD with Premiere Pro 1.5.1, export as..?

Hello everyone, I'm a total newbie when it comes to HD footage and how to deal with it. I recently imported some footage into Premiere Pro 1.5.1 from a Canon XL1s. Everything seemed to go fine, the footagge seems fine.

The problem I'm having is that After Effects can't seem to open the footage I've captured. I get an error which says "no such codec exists" . I understand this has something to do with the Cineform format? I honestly don't know.

However, I decided that I would jsut render out the files I need as quicktime. Now I have a new problem, for some reason the media encoder suddenly only allows me to export quicktime files which are 'streaming' quality, which is to say 150 pixels wide, highly compressed. I'm honestly baffled and did not anticpate these issues at all.

I asked for help on the Adobe forums but I couldn't get any answers. If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them.

Thank you so much.
Scott Keating is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition