GL2 Substitute at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Topics about HD production.

Old May 5th, 2009, 11:32 AM   #1
New Boot

GL2 Substitute

Hi. I just sold my GL2 (my XL2 pal version) im sorry to say that but HD video is demanded on the 70% of my works, so i have to update now.

Right now is the worst moment for me to buy a "Big" camera because my budget is really adjusted. (1500 €). I have WD-58H wide lense and the VL-10 light and i want to keep use these...so...

My options are:

1 - Canon Legria HF-S10 or S100

2 - Panasonic HDC-TM300

But im open to any sugestion.

THANKS A LOT
Fernando Serrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2009, 07:36 PM   #2
Trustee

I can only speak to Canon iron, but the XH A1 and A1s are the closest equivalent to the GL2 in the HDV world. I think you will find yourself rather cramped, feature-wise, with the HF models.

Unless you have a powerful computer, fast quad core or better, editing ACVHD will be painful. Also check that your NLE can handle that format. CS3 will not. You can stay tape with the HV30/40, but still, there's a world of difference when it comes to controlling the camera.

There are some new JVC ACVHD cams that look impressive as long as you don't need low light. I think the 150 will fit in your budget, but I have no personal experience with it so you'll need to check that out on your own.

Lots of decisions here so go carefully. I'm sure others can give you more information.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2009, 09:01 AM   #3
New Boot

Thanks Tripp

Thanks Tripp, thanks for your answer.

The XH A1 is too expensive for me right now, so i keep waiting for other suggestions while i surf over the reviews on the net.

THANKS
Fernando Serrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2009, 09:20 AM   #4
Inner Circle

You might consider looking for a used HDR-FX1. I don't know what prices might be like in PAL land, but in the states, used NTSC FX1s are starting to approach your price range.
Robert M Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2009, 06:43 PM   #5
Regular Crew

GL2 replacement

I would checkout a Sony FX-7, that would be closer to your budget.
Garry Moore is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition