What camera is this? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition

General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Topics about HD production.

Old June 19th, 2009, 01:49 PM   #1
Inner Circle

What camera is this?

Hello,

I was watching some cage fighting on Versus channel in HD (I know it was late and nothing else was on) and I could see the camera men in a lot of shots.

They had these small shoulder mount cameras that looked almost half sized. Larger than one of the new JVC style bodies but smaller than say my HPX-500.

I think is said Ikegami or Sony on the side.

Is there any way to find out more about what camera models the broadcast networks use?

I often wonder how much these cameras cost.

With the Flash XDR & Nano Flash, once these camera get sold from the networks they will still be viable as no moving parts come into question. That is if they have an SDI port.

Anyway, jus thought I would ask and see if anybody else watches Versus and might shed some light on the topic.

Thanks!
Tim Polster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2009, 05:17 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Didn't see the show but maybe a Sony HVR-1000u? That's a small shoulder mount cam that would say Sony on the side. Or maybe an EX3?
Jesse Haycraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2009, 06:36 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (formerly Winnipeg, Manitoba) Canada
Haven't seen the show but what you describe may well be a dockable head with a studio cable back on it instead of a VTR. Such cameras use either Triax or 26 pin connectors to send video and audio back to the control room and send camera power, intercom, lens iris control and painting TO the camera from a CCU (or camera control unit). Sony and Ikegami both are among the leaders in supplying this sort of equipment.
Old June 19th, 2009, 08:24 PM   #4
Inner Circle

It was definately a pro broadcast camera with the triax or fibre connection out of the back.

I posted a reply but it is not here anymore?

I found a model on the Sony site which is a HDC-1400R for $65,000.

This camera looks like what I saw. Very compact on the cameraman's shoulder.
Tim Polster is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition