DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/general-hd-720-1080-acquisition/)
-   -   Comparison Footage JVC HD10 vs Sony FX1 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/general-hd-720-1080-acquisition/35231-comparison-footage-jvc-hd10-vs-sony-fx1.html)

Bill Piedra November 20th, 2004 07:55 AM

Comparison Footage JVC HD10 vs Sony FX1

I have some comparison footage between the JVC HD10 and the SONY FX1 that I would like to post somewhere. I personally don't have the bandwidth or space available on any of my own websites.

I'd be happy to put the footage on DVD and mail it to anyone that's interested for actual cost of the blank DVD and postage.

Would anyone like to see it?

BTW: I'm selling my HD10 along with a bunch of accessories. Please see the private classifieds if you're interested.

OOPS = Posted in the Sony Forum only by mistate

Kevin Shaw November 22nd, 2004 01:10 PM

Bill: I would love to get a copy on DVD if it's not too much trouble. Please send me a private email at kwshaw1@videomem.com.

P.S. If you're selling your HD10, I'd say that tells us a lot about the comparison right there.

David Kennett November 23rd, 2004 01:18 PM

Bill,

I just replied to your other post - guess I should have been here! If both clips are in native formats, I would love to see them. Maybe someone would host some short clips. Thanks for taking the time to enlighten us.

Gabriele Sartori November 25th, 2004 12:09 PM

Can you tell us about your opinion?

You are moving to Sony so for some reason you like it better. What is the deciding factor? Video quality or the scarce flexibility of the HD10?
I do have the HD1 and it is hard to believe that a better video quality is possible in such a small package but my experience is limited to this camera. One thing I disklike about the JVC is basically the absence of a real manual mode. I see this as the only although huge limitation. It would be very nice to know your opinion, in particular about video quality since getting your files may be difficult.

Steve Crisdale November 26th, 2004 01:38 AM

Re: Can you tell us about your opinion?

<<<-- Originally posted by Gabriele Sartori : You are moving to Sony so for some reason you like it better. What is the deciding factor? Video quality or the scarce flexibility of the HD10?
I do have the HD1 and it is hard to believe that a better video quality is possible in such a small package but my experience is limited to this camera. One thing I disklike about the JVC is basically the absence of a real manual mode. I see this as the only although huge limitation. It would be very nice to know your opinion, in particular about video quality since getting your files may be difficult. -->>>

Sorry to butt in...
I received my FX1e yesterday, and I can honestly say that there's far more difference between the Sony cam and the HD1/10 (I've also got a HD10u) than manual control.

The most notable is the greater low-light sensitivity. Less chroma noise would be next (sorta linked to the greater sensitivity), the clarity of 1080i image (yes it is even better than the HD10's 720p - not by leaps and bounds but definitely cleaner) and finally the Focus Enhance function.

I'm not selling the HD10u because I still see it fitting into the scheme of hardware I'd originally envisioned, but if the FX1 had been available 12 months back.... I'd have two FX1s now rather than one.....

And trust me (how many dudes say that eh?!!!), I get really revved up by those that knock the JVC HD cams; so for me to say the FX1 should have JVC whipping the fingers out of their currently sedantry dates, or they may find themselves too far behind the eight-ball, is no little thing.........