HDV short & commercial footage online! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition

General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Topics about HD production.

Old March 2nd, 2005, 05:20 PM   #1
Regular Crew

HDV short & commercial footage online!

Hi all,

I know some folks are anxious to see work done with HDV equipment. If you're interested, please check out my new site:

http://www.hyperbolicfilms.com

All footage was shot on the FX1 and edited in Premiere Pro. Our short was done with the Aspect HD plugin while our commercial footage (starring Bill Engvall of Blue Collar TV) was downcoverted out of the camera and edited in SD (per the ad agency's request). Hopefully you'll see at least some of the potential of the new Sony cams!
Marc Faletti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2005, 03:11 PM   #2
Regular Crew

nice pictures Marc, i really liked "glue", could you share with us the settings that you used (CF24, 60i, auto focus, ect..)
i really liked the opening shot :)
Rafael Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2005, 03:21 PM   #3
Trustee

Great job Marc! Can you list as much information as possible regarding the entire production? Lights, filters, settings on camera?

Also, you might want to add a "PG-13" rating to the "Glue" film. :)
Old March 3rd, 2005, 03:50 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks guys!

Sorry about the lack of a PG-13 sort of warning -- for those who haven't seen it, "glue" has some adult-type situations (no nudity or anything, though), so beware of having your sound up loud at work. :)

Some details:

--Camera: Sony HDR-FX1, 60i, 1/60th shutter speed, manual focus. Everything else on the cam (iris, etc.) was adjusted from hour to hour as the sunlight changed. It was obviously a bright day, so the ND filters were almost always on. No other filters, mattebox, or anything else was attached to the cam -- we pretty much used it right out of the box. Bogan 3193/316 tripod.

--Lighting: In the first and third scenes, we used 2 small reflectors to bounce light and a scrim to block the direct sun. The alley scene (2nd scene) was entirely ambient.

--Audio: We rented an AT-4071 shotgun and sent it through my Beachtek DXA-6. We recorded into camera and were really pleased with the audio.

--Crew: I basically had my cinematographer and 4-5 extra pairs of hands for sound/lighting work. Most folks were pretty inexperienced but very enthusiastic.

--Post: Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 with Aspect HD from Cineform. The desaturation/color-correction was all done via standard Adobe effects. I actually used an SD monitor hooked up via s-video for color correction and found it to be decent for HD footage.

--Music: Original music done by a friend (Jay McElfresh of the Awesome Cooldudes).

--Output: For the web, I generated a 24P uncompressed Quicktime file and compressed it via Sorenson Squeeze. For DVD, I created a 24P DVD MPEG2 file via the Adobe Media Encoder. Even though the Adobe 24P conversion isn't exactly the most efficient, I was really happy with the output.

Any other questions? Thanks for viewing!

(edited to correct mike info)
Marc Faletti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2005, 10:47 AM   #5
Regular Crew

any chance of posting just a short full res clip of 'glue'? i'm curious how the picture holds up at full res..
Eric Gorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2005, 12:06 PM   #6
Trustee

Marc, I just noticed this reply! Sorry for the late thank you on posting the info!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition