HDR-FX1 preferred TV? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition

General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Topics about HD production.

Old March 5th, 2005, 07:19 PM   #1
Regular Crew

HDR-FX1 preferred TV?

Is there a TV out there (PAL market) that does this great camera justice, which one should I go for, anyone?
RED ONE #476
Eirik Tyrihjel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2005, 08:12 PM   #2
Major Player

eirik,

can you explain this more specifically?

if i understand - you are looking for TV set cappable to accept HDV signal? yes?

i tried with plenty of them- went to biggest media center in town with my camera - and asked the guys to test on their screens. that was some time ago, and since the camera itself was not in their interest (not in the shop)- after a few tries - almost every signle seller was around me. the picture on some sets was astonishing. unfortunatelly the best picture was on plazmas which are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too expensive for this camera. but the picture was awesome.

my advice - go with your camera to biggest possible tv shop and test on all TVs with component input.

filip
Old March 6th, 2005, 12:18 PM   #3
Wrangler

1080i is probably best displayed on a 1080i CRT.

How large of a TV do you want? If you want to stay under 34" then definitely look at the Sony 34" CRT 1080i HD sets. I had one iln 2003 and loved it. I've since upgraded to a 50" Grand Wega LCD rear projection but they are not native intelaced like HD tubes.
Tommy Haupfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2005, 02:33 PM   #4
Wrangler

Oh, I'll bet it would look pretty good on this screen :-) http://www.lge.com/catalog/prodmodel...&model=NOTHING
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2005, 02:51 PM   #5
Wrangler

For $50k it had better look good. That would make one very nice computer monitor.... hmmm.... j/k
Tommy Haupfear is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition