Networked Hi-Def Media Player - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Topics about HD production.

Old March 29th, 2007, 07:43 PM   #31
Trustee

Sounds like you can do it then. Just pick up a 25 watt iron with a fine tip at Radio Shack. Heat one side of the component and pry with a tweezer or needle nose plier. Heat, then lift. Heat, then lift. Easy does it. If you rip the solder pad/tracing from the glass, it may be ruined. If you try and heat with the tweezer or needle nose holding the component, the heat gets absorbed by the plier and may not melt the solder. Heat, then lift. One side at a time.

For the solder blobs, use the fine, thin solder. Heat the iron tip, then apply solder to the tip. Wipe the solder off the hot tip with a rag or damp sponge, but don't burn your fingers. This leaves a thin coating on the tip. Heat the area where the inductor(s) was with one hand, while holding the solder on the tip with the other. As the solder melts, a blob starts to form on the tip that runs down to the board. Keep feeding in the solder, then remove the iron and solder until the blob remains behind on the board. If it's too much, or you get the blob onto the wrong place no worry. Heat the blob again and use a "Solda-pult" (vacuum pump) to suck it away.

Blobs go where the inductors were (the "L" items). No blobs where the capacitors were (the "C" items). So remove 6 items and install 3 blobs. All the items are within an inch or two of the D4 connector, on the main board.
Tom Roper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2007, 08:44 PM   #32
Trustee

I have the JVC unit and it plays back mt2 from DVD. I use it for booth media, going DVI right into an HDTV, and it's tack sharp, just like playing directly from the cam.

What's also nice is having a set top box that plays windows media files, opening up possibilities with all my previous and existing projects (a majority of which are in wmvHD).

Because it looks, works, and sets up like a DVD player, I've had better success with inexperienced folks doing their own installations out in the field (no more late night frantic phone calls). No more unmanaged PC issues.

All along I was contemplating either a Blue-ray or HD-DVD player for this, and how what extra software and post process' I needed...
Old March 30th, 2007, 09:15 PM   #33
Regular Crew

i just confirmed , AVL2 does play Dual Layer DVD+R. Very nice. As for that other fix - i dont think so. I got no skill for that.
Thank u guys for advise.
Mike Sakovski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition