DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/general-hd-720-1080-acquisition/)
-   -   finished program distribution media (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/general-hd-720-1080-acquisition/43904-finished-program-distribution-media.html)

Robert Bobson May 2nd, 2005 04:58 AM

finished program distribution media

Let's say I'm producing an HDV program for broadcast. What kind of tape would I put it on ?

I know a lot of shows are distributied on betacam sx, but can you use that for HDV?

(Seems the more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.)

Douglas Spotted Eagle May 2nd, 2005 08:06 AM

AFAIK, HDCam is the only delivery format accepted, unless they have a service system where they can ingest from a hard drive to a media server. I only know of a couple stations capable of that delivery method though.

Shannon Rawls May 2nd, 2005 09:14 AM

For SD broadcast, as DSE said, most are HDCAM now as they prepare to go all digital. Some still accept DigiBeta. For HD broadcast, i think like 2 will take DVCPROHD but they ALL will accept HDCAM.

For high-profile film festivals like Sundance, Cannes, etc... the ONLY format they will accept for projection other then real film is HDCAM. Nothing else.

No HDV, no DVCPROHD, no DV, no BetaAnything. HDCAM only.

Who is going to look at it?
What camera is affordable and picture looks good?
When will you finish it? This summer or next year?
Where is your finished movie going? Television, HD TV? Festivals? DVD?
Then Why the heck are you on a discussion board and not out shooting then?? *smile*

Robert, I've been watching your posts and I am glad you are thinking BIG with your plans. Don't get caught up in hype or advertising or long discussions that some scientists have on these websites.

I frequently get people who challenge me because of what I say on the internet......I don't know why they do, but they do. They come at me as if they are the spokesperson for Sony or Panasonic or JVC or Canon themseles. it's mind-boggling.
But then I simply ask them... "What camera do you own??" and they almost always say "Oh, ummmmm, i uhhhhhhh, don't have one yet...I was reading about this and that on the web..." I then laugh. I follow up by asking them... "What was the last thing you Produced or Directed or put your own hard earned $money$ into??" and almost always they reply "uhhhhhh, nothing yet. BUT GUESS WHAT...I have a feature I am writing, it's going to be great man! well....I only have a treatment...But hey, will you read it for me shannon and maybe help me out!?!?!?!?" it's amazing...

Rob.....do yo thang man! SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT and keep shooting. That's all that matters. Get your stuff broadcasted on TV, come back here and let us know when it comes on so we can support you. I'll be sure to set my alarm.

- ShannonRawls.com