Kodak Zi6 footage question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Topics about HD production.

Old December 19th, 2009, 04:37 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Kodak Zi6 footage question

I was at an event the other night when I needed to change the tape in my Sony camcorder. While I was doing this, my son used his Zi6 to record what I was missing. After some trial and error I decided to convert the Zi6 footage into something Liquid 7.2 could more easily handle. So I used Edius to convert it to .wmv format, 1280x720. That worked, but now I see there's some vertical "stripes" on the footage. In looking at the Zi6 display, I think they are there as well.

What I'm curious about is why it only seems to be on one person on the stage and affecting only white. IOW, only the white portion of this person's uniform has this sort of white stripe effect. His head/face/arms, etc. don't. Nor does the other fellow on the stage have them - he's wearing black.

The Zi6 was zoomed in which degrades the video (digital zoom only).

Is there anything I can do? Some kind of video filter??? Thanks.

Paul
Paul Nixon is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition