Interesting lay-persons attempt at HD video on the Canon Mark 1D - fail at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition

General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Topics about HD production.

Old January 31st, 2010, 02:43 PM   #1
Major Player

Interesting lay-persons attempt at HD video on the Canon Mark 1D - fail

Today?s Let?s Visit Tokyo missing due to poor Video quality Akihabara News)

Thought this was interesting for a number of reasons, principally because I've had a couple of calls for help from people about video on the 5D and 7D and these are not really video people but rather bought into the Canon DSLR video hype.

Don't get me wrong, the Canon can shoot amazing video in the right hands and with the right lenses. But so ca a heap of cameras actually.

2 Points he made:
1) Like the 7D, the 1D Mark IV 720/60p mode is utterly useless due to the moiré effect. Yep Canon did not even fix this on the 1D Mark IV
2) I like the 60p mode but unfortunately you cannot undercrank on the Canon and since most light in the street where at 50Hz, I had a horrible and too visible “Strobe Light” effect on most of the sequences.
Damian Heffernan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2010, 04:17 AM   #2
Trustee

and most of the image out of focus due to the shallow DOF!
Old February 11th, 2010, 11:45 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Yeah, until they fix the lagging and/or nonexistent autofocus, DSLR video will not be viable for most consumers.

I mean, most consumers don't care about frame rates... even resolution is a secondary consideration. If the video is out of focus, nothing else matters.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition