A lens is a lens - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Topics about HD production.

Old May 19th, 2010, 04:58 AM   #16
Regular Crew

I watched this all the way to the end and I think that this way of presenting or simplifying this topic has some potential. I definitely think he needs to re shoot it and maybe work from a script.

I'll agree that once you're familiar with a particular format, the whole idea of crop factor doesn't really come into play. The problem is now, that there are people who potentially could be filming using the same lens on a number of different formats. For example, say you had a favourite 50mm lens and a choice of a Red, Canon 5DMKII, GH1 and a 2/3" that doesn't exist yet :-) You would need to know that the 50mm is going to be a telephoto on the Scarlet and a nice portrait length on the GH1 and the Red and a medium or standard view on the FF 5D. A FOV calculator is really the most handy thing to work this out, but a nice simple explanation in video form could prove pretty popular.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition