Upconvert to HD Cam? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Topics about HD production.

Old August 9th, 2005, 08:11 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Upconvert to HD Cam?

I was wondering if anyone can help me...

I recently shot a DV feature on an XL1 and am submitting to Sundance. If accepted, I'll need to provide them with a Sony HDCam dub for screening. Does anyone know where I can find these services? I'll need to dub from either a DVD or a straight digital file.

Thanks for any help,

Shawn McBee
Old August 9th, 2005, 10:51 PM   #2
Barry Wan Kenobi

Most any production company with an HDCAM deck should be able to offer the service. Here in Vegas I think they charge $150/hr. Make the dub from a DV tape and they should be able to do an all-digital transfer.

Look in the yellow pages in your town for the largest production company or tape duplication service in your area, you'll probably find someone capable of executing a component DV/DVCAM to HDCAM dub.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2005, 12:21 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks! I was just having trouble finding someone in the area, so I guess I'll have to expand my search to Tampa or Orlando.

Thanks Again,

Shawn McBee

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition