NX70U at NAB/first look - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Topics about HD production.

Old April 13th, 2011, 11:15 AM   #16
Trustee

Re: NX70U at NAB/first look

Les,

Yep, that's been all over their literature, like a disclaimer! I am thinking that the manual will have that writ large, for all to see!

You can sort of see why - all the pictures show the little flaps (the socket for the XLR cable, the battery compartment, headphone sockets etc.) all have a sort of rubber seal around them. It would be pretty hard to do the same for the XLR, I assume.

I don't think I will be putting it to the level of water stress that Sony are in that fishtank, but it will be good not to worry about the odd shower here and there when I'm out and about.
Mike Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2011, 01:22 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Re: NX70U at NAB/first look

You get rain in Ireland? haha

Yes. The design point makes sense. At first I thought the power was also ruggedized but the rep says he stops the water and changes the battery in the display.
Les Wilson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition