Which One of these Four Cameras Would You Buy? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Topics about HD production.

Old October 11th, 2011, 09:44 PM   #16
Space Hipster

Re: Which One of these Four Cameras Would You Buy?

IIRC, the VG10 actually shoots in 1080/30P and wraps the video in 1080/60i - or something like that.
I'm sure someone on this forum can give a detailed, technical explanation. Or I could be completely wrong.
Glen Vandermolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2011, 04:50 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Re: Which One of these Four Cameras Would You Buy?

Thanks for the comments and advice everyone! I just picked up a Canon XA10 today. I couldn't resist, considering what a deal I got on it. The same local camera shop where I was able to check out an XA10 in person had some on sale for $1799 - and their usual price was $2199! Needless to say, when I learned about the sale, I wasted no time in getting to the store.

Once I got it home, I had a chance to check out the camera's features in more depth than I was able to do when I was in the store for the first time. A closer look and a review of the manual leaves me with the impression that it offers a lot of features and capability for the money. Looking forward to shooting some video with it soon!
Steve Struthers is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition