Sony HDR-PJ760 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Topics about HD production.

Old May 28th, 2012, 03:23 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Sony HDR-PJ760

I've got my hands one one of these camcorders at present and am evaluating/reviewing it for my specific area of activity -- which is filming RC model airplanes plus some indoor "to camera" production stuff.

Some aspects are very good -- some not so good.

Surprisingly, some of the features I thought would be brilliant for my work are exactly the opposite but the camera does shine in a number of other areas.

I looked for some good objective reviews on this model but, perhaps because it's relatively new, there's virtually nothing apart from the "gee whiz - it has a tilting eyeball and inbuilt projector" videos that don't really do much more than scratch the surface.

If anyone's interested, I'll post a link to my full review when it's done.
Old June 7th, 2012, 02:08 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Sony HDR-PJ760

Yes, see other post.
Mike Burgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2012, 02:12 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: Sony HDR-PJ760

Yes, please do. I would be interested in what you have done and observed with this cam. For instance:

1. How is the zoom, both optical and extended? Because it is so wide, does it really zoom up as much as 17x, or does it seem more like 11x?
2. How is it in low light? Really! Like a night scene with only some street lights around, or maybe at or just after sunset. How about an average lighted room in the evening (one or two indoor table lamps on).
3. Try various scene selections, to see how accurate they can capture the real colors of your subject.
4. Autofocus. How much has it improved?
5. Subject tracking (for lack of a better title). How well does the cam follow the selected subject and keep it in focus; especially if the subject is coming towards you or away from you at a moderate pace?
6. Sound quality. How good are the microphones?
7. What have you liked the best, and disliked the most?

I use my SR11 to record real trains from around the country, and need good video quality and sound quality. As you can imagine, you get one shot at getting a good video of a train as it passes by you, so I need a camcorder that works well and accurately, even in the auto mode.

Thanks.
Mike
Mike Burgess is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition