Vegas Hdv 24p problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition

General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Topics about HD production.

Old October 3rd, 2005, 08:29 PM   #1
Tourist

Vegas Hdv 24p problem

Hello all. So here is my problem. I have been doing some HDV tests with some JVC HD100U clips that I downloaded from HDVinfo.net. I pull the clips into vegas 6c and put them into a timeline. I know the problem with Jvc HDV 24p is that there is no preset for the format in Vegas so I took the HDV 720 25p and changed the frame rate to 23.98p. I thought would do the trick. It works and when I export the footage looks fine but when I first import the footage into the timeline I get green frames at the end of the clips. My question is what are those green frames? I know that it can't be good. Also one last question, what is a good system set up for editing HDV? I have a 2ghz AMD xp, 1 gb of RAM and a geforce4 Ti 4600 128mb. Is this enough, is seems to not be? Sorry for the loaded question. Thanks for the help.
-Zach
Zach Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2005, 10:33 AM   #2
Trustee

I know almost nothing about Vegas but I was able to capture from the HD100 camera this weekend. Seemed to do fairly well on my HP 3.4GHz AMD 64bit laptop. I cannot edit my way out of a paper bag with Vegas, I'm an Avid guy these days. Found out the hard way Avid, even their updated 5.2.x will not capture 720p24 footage.

Vegas seemed to capture it pretty well. I too saw some green frames but only in the timeline representations. I didn't see any in the actual video playing off the timeline. My guess might be that these are where there is an edit point between I frames?

For the facts on Vegas, ask Douglas Spotted Eagle. He's got the lowdown on all things Vegas.

Sean McHenry

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition