2 Questions regarding FPS and I/P mode at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition

General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Topics about HD production.

Old January 13th, 2006, 02:15 PM   #1
Regular Crew

2 Questions regarding FPS and I/P mode

Hi,

Im a new member, i've been mostly doing reading and not posting however im stuck on 2 question here.

Ok here's a question where can I find some info to read on cameras that shoot something like 800fps, 900fps, 1200fps or 1600fps ( u know that creates sorf of that slow mo look, like in Snatch when Brad Pitt gets knocked out and he's flying in the air in the boxing match)

Also i have been doing some reading on the site and i always notice 60I or 1028I mode and 60P or 720Pmode

im not to sure what the I and P means??? is it apeture???

Can someone help me out plz?

Joey
Joey Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2006, 10:32 PM   #2
Major Player

BANDPRO CINESPEED CAM
And the i represents interlace, the p represents progressive.
Jacob Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2006, 10:26 AM   #3
Regular Crew

ahhh Thanks Jacob

I did a reasearch yesterday i was on www.pixelmonger.com and the type of camera im looking for is a Digital High Speed Video Camera

also i took a look at Bandpro their in burbank, Ca... im lookin at prices now for rental... its really fantastic the quality of these cameras ...

if anyone is interested to have a look at some samples of these camera here is a link incase some didnt understand my inquery

http://www.cine-speedcam.com/downloads-l1cat6.html

Also where can i find some information on interlace and Progress to better understand these 2 subjects

Thanks Jacob
Joey!
Joey Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2006, 10:45 AM   #4
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Dee
Also where can i find some information on interlace and Progress to better understand these 2 subjects
You might find this interesting: ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/pub/Panasoni...ressive-WP.pdf
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition