College Undergrad lookin' for Camera for outdoor/nature productions. Suggestions???? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Topics about HD production.

Old September 2nd, 2006, 07:32 AM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Ziegelheim
However, that professional camera is more likely to get someone asking about a permit.
I was in DC this summer with a friend, just goofing around with my FX1 shooting the Washington Monument and some other spots (I live in Northern VA, so it wasn't much of a drive) and a security guard was like, "What are you doing? Do you have a permit to be shooting a movie here? I need to see a permit." I basically told him I was just a student on vacation and had to 'trick' him into believing how 'unprofessional' the FX1 is. "I mean come on, it doesn't even have XLR inputs! LOL" We wound up packing everything up but the FX1 and heading to other locations.

To be fair, I did have my heavy duty bogen tripod setup, and my friend was holding my boompole with my sennheinser shotgun and blimp on the end... lol, I mean what vacationers don't bring heavy duty gear on vacation?

P.S don't ever go to an Aston Martin dealership at 1AM and film the cars...I had to prove to the cop that pulled up that we weren't creating a 'Gone in 60 Seconds' shopping list...it was a wierd day
Noah Hayes is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition