Miranda bridge at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Topics about HD production.

Old November 22nd, 2006, 12:21 AM   #1
Major Player

Miranda bridge

Anyone here use this peice of gear? I don't quite understand the need for this... It allows you to import HDV material into an HD-SDI project... Is that all? It also says that you can monitor your HD footage as well, but, then again, any HD-sdi capture card will allow you to plug into a broadcast HD monitor and you can monitor your footage.. what makes this so special compared to a decklink or aja?
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2006, 08:24 AM   #2
Major Player

If your HDV camera or deck does HD-SDI, there's no need for it. However, most decks/cameras don't have HD-SDI, so hence the potential need for this product. Basically, the Miranda Bridge would work in tandem with your Kona or BlackMagic product - allowing for transcode directly to your HD codec of choice (DVCPRO HD, anyone?) during the digitize process. As it stands now, I can accomplish this via the component analog output from the BR-HD50 VTR, but that's technically inferior to HD-SDI.

I agree, however, that this product has limited appeal. Now, if it offered the opposite path on a transcode, I would snap one up no question. Being able to go HD-SDI back to firewire would be a great feature, since you wouldn't be limited to the other inferior choices for output back from the editing system to your HDV recorder.
Eric Darling is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition