Need advice with purchasing an HD Camcorder... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition

General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Topics about HD production.

Old December 9th, 2006, 12:18 AM   #1
Tourist

Need advice with purchasing an HD Camcorder...

Hello and thank you for your help,

I have owned a Canon XL1 for some time now, and I have not been fully satisfied with it. I did some short films with it and the quality still seems only decent. I shot some films in my film class with a Panasonic AG-DVX100B and the quality was amazing. I really want a great looking picture quality camera at an affordable price and I started to research the Sony HDR-SR1 AVC HD 30GB Handycam Camcorder. It sounds really great, especially that it records to a hard drive in 1080i HD. Does anyone have any advice, do you think I should sell my XL1 and go for the HD camcorder? The only thing I dislike is that it doesn't have any XLR inputs, but I can just buy an adapter for it. Let me know what you guys think, and thank you so much for those that help!

Chad
Chad Koeller is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition