Just bought a New MacBook, what's your HDV Set up? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Topics about HD production.

Old December 18th, 2006, 07:46 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Just bought a New MacBook, what's your HDV Set up?

I just bought a new black MacBook. I'm planning on purchasing an Canon A1 or FX1 in the future. I have a bunch of questions for you guys. Right now I'm running on the standard 512 of memory which is actually good for editing SD movies 30 minutes and under (on FCX3) but...

1. For shooting HDV how many gigs of memory are you guys using?

2. What brands of memory are you using?

3. Where did you buy it from?

4. How much did you pay for the upgrade? (Best deals).

5. Besides the computer, camera and software, whatelse (if anything) will I need to aquire HDV from the FX1 or the Canon?

-Nate
Nathan Brendan Masters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2006, 08:47 PM   #2
Major Player

I just got the smaller 80 gig white one, bumped it up to 2 gigs of ram and will be running avid media composer on it when i can be bothered to download the 2.6.3 update that works with intel macs.. Avids only going on it however incase i actually ever have to cut anything in the field.

I'd definately upgrade your ram and also grab an external harddrive. The only other thing you'll really need for the setups a 4 - 6 firewire and then your good to go. Great little machines eh!?
Joe Lawry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2006, 09:15 PM   #3
Regular Crew

That's what I like to hear. I've got a drive on the way as well as the new FCP so now all I need is the memory. The credit card bill is going to be a killer next month but I do love this machine.

-Nate
Nathan Brendan Masters is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition