Do any of the HDV cameras allow analog componet Input recording? at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition

General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Topics about HD production.

Old April 30th, 2007, 02:39 PM   #1
Major Player

Do any of the HDV cameras allow analog componet Input recording?

With most prosumer DV cameras (TRV900, DVX100, XL2) you can hook up an analog source via S-Video and capture to tape...
So Do any of the newer HDV cameras allow you to record to tape from an HD source over Component video? Is this copyright protected?
Old April 30th, 2007, 02:50 PM   #2
Wrangler

I don't think any of them do, the Sony cameras definitely do not.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2007, 03:31 PM   #3
Inner Circle

since you can do that for cheap with the latest intensity pro card from blackmagic, the is no need to use a tape, you can get it directly to disk.
Giroud Francois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2007, 08:51 PM   #4
Major Player

I just bought an intensity card - then they come out with intensity pro - one month later. I swear, there always against me.
Old April 30th, 2007, 09:16 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroud Francois View Post
since you can do that for cheap with the latest intensity pro card from blackmagic, the is no need to use a tape, you can get it directly to disk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson Persall View Post
I just bought an intensity card - then they come out with intensity pro - one month later. I swear, there always against me.
And that is the lure of the sirens calling us all to crash our boats and forego tape. I wouldn't mind if I had some reassurance that once I bought something digital or tapeless it was really mine to use as long as I wanted, rather than until the next re-design comes out. In the hardware/tape world, you can keep using something for a decade with no huge difficulties, whereas in the new digital age after two or three years you basically chuck a previous operating system and all the little things you really liked about it and start over with newer digital gadgets that have usually have to be debugged.
Alessandro Machi is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Z.G.C.
(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition