ways to see production on TV. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Grass Valley / Canopus NLE
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Grass Valley / Canopus NLE
All flavors of Edius; other Grass Valley / Canopus software & hardware.

Old August 31st, 2007, 08:55 PM   #1
New Boot

ways to see production on TV.

This is the beginner question.
I have anybody to ask.Is there any way to se my production(curently editing)from EdiusPro4 on TV,I know about use any hardware but i thing about cheaps way before i got money for hardware.I do not have any idea about other ways can someone help?
Martin
Martin Gruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2007, 11:33 AM   #2
Major Player

We will need more information to answer your question. Are you working in high definition ? What camera did you shoot your production with ? In general, if you are doing a HD production, there are only a few cheap ways to view the output. One is to feed the output back into the camera, and have the camera output it to the HD TV, as in the case of the HVX-200.
Mark Donnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2007, 10:14 AM   #3
New Boot

Thanks

Yes I did the conection trough the camera is good to me for now.
Martin Gruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2007, 11:45 AM   #4
New Boot

Any way to output to TV without first rendering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Donnell View Post
We will need more information to answer your question. Are you working in high definition ? What camera did you shoot your production with ? In general, if you are doing a HD production, there are only a few cheap ways to view the output. One is to feed the output back into the camera, and have the camera output it to the HD TV, as in the case of the HVX-200.
Like in my own case, I use Sony TRV480 (SD cam).

I want to verify if I can output my edited video (esp. in avi format) to TV (in an attempt to preview or outright recording to VCR) WITHOUT first rendering the project.

Or can any of these devices do it for me: Canopus 110, TwinPact100 or Datavideo DAC200. If not, pls kindly give me a recommendation.

I WANT TO COMPLETELY AVOID RENDERING, BUT HAVE A CLEAR PREVIEW OF MY FOOTAGE ON TV. Ordinarily, if I render the project on the PC to DV format, it can playback thru the Sony cam to the TV: but the rendering hour(s) could be tiring.

I will appreciate your prompt response.

John
John Portharcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2007, 06:17 AM   #5
New Boot

John,
I use the ADVC-110 with Premiere Pro. What you see on the TV is essentially the same as what you see in the project monitor in Premiere. Therefore whilst you can playback to the TV and/or VCR straight from the timeline, any segments with heavy effects or transitions will need to be rendered first to get smooth playback.

Hope that helps.
James Henley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2007, 07:41 AM   #6
Inner Circle

If you are using Edius it will play out in realtime to your TRV480 then connect that to a TV to watch. Most filters and effects do not need to be rendered to play out in realtime and if there are a few just render those small pieces of the timeline. Hold down shift before your play the timeline to fill the playback buffer before playback starts. I am making the assumption that your TRV480 has record from iLink enabled as it will need to be in VCR mode for this to work.
Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2007, 06:58 PM   #7
Major Player

Canopus has the EDIUS NX-E1 (which uses a daughter board) to output component video from the timeline. I connect a broadcast monitor (Panasonic LH1700W) to the NX-E1 to view the output in real time. If you don't exhaust your machine's CPU power, EDIUS will show the effects without rendering (basically, one or two effects should be no problems) - it depends on how much CPU power you have. I use dual quad-core Xeons here. No issue with rendering.
TingSern Wong is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Grass Valley / Canopus NLE